Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wholy crap! New traxxas 50MPH brushless boat!!

Default Wholy crap! New traxxas 50MPH brushless boat!!

:p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

awsome should be a blast............
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

We have a new user from Traxxas on the forum. He should help clear some things up.

Also my wish is that the boat doesnt come with all the "Traxxas" logos painted on. I really dont want to have a boat thats a billboard for Traxxas.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Man thats nice

Whats up big papa u aint hollered at ya boy in awhile.

That looks like it's had some influence from our buddy Darin. Sweet looking ride. I don't mind the billboard effect.

How come every time we see a boat on tube it's doing weird figures? Get out there and rip off some laps for us man! Let it hang all hang out.

That does look pretty sweet. No influence from me, but I can see the resemblence to the canopy on my 32" WT...

I wonder if the 36" is the overall length, or the actual hull length? Looks like they got the strake arrangement correct.

Could be a very interesting summer!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I was just suprised to see it with some real no BS looking hardware. It's got nice lines. Looks like something I might have done myself.

I'll wait patiently to see one up close. haha

I tried to read through that other thread... find it interesting that people are all speculating on the motor setup, and assuming it has just one... One might also assume that it could have a pair of VXL style BL motors on a 2 into 1 gearbox, much like the other Traxxas boats...

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I was just suprised to see it with some real no BS looking hardware. It's got nice lines. Looks like something I might have done myself.

I'll wait patiently to see one up close. haha

I hope Traxxas do build this boat in fiber glass. i have burnt 3 hulls whens the wire got too hot for the plastic "ABS"
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Well it's about time! Traxxas stands behind their products and they have great support. Almost every LHS deals with them so this should be refreshing for RTR packages. Unlike some other manufacturers that have had so many problems in the past, I am sure that they will have spare replacement parts on hand when this is ready to be released.

[QUOTE=Steven Vaccaro;183415]We have a new user from Traxxas on the forum. He should help clear some things up.[/QUOTE

And don't forget this video I posted in the thread I started here, has a good 50mph pass on it..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7X83Rm5sU
    and so many people already dissing this boat
    I started the thread on the 8th and it already has over 150 replies
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14451
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    We have a new user from Traxxas on the forum. He should help clear some things up.

Also my wish is that the boat doesnt come with all the "Traxxas" logos painted on. I really dont want to have a boat thats a billboard for Traxxas.
    I am with you Steve on this i think that paint style is outdated being they did it on the rc's for ever i am sick of that look.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

peal em off
    being it's abs they should come of easy
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Just noticed that the video was produced by D and J Hobbies, Campbell, CA. That's where I shop!!

-Chief

If traxxas claims 50mph on 6s, then wouldnt that put the motor in the 1200-1400kv range?? If so this would exclude the possibility of a castle motor like the ones used in their monster trucks(2200kv)

Quote Originally Posted by BHChieftain View Post
    Just noticed that the video was produced by D and J Hobbies, Campbell, CA. That's where I shop!!

-Chief
    Me too! I'm in gilroy. Where do you run your boats??

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    If traxxas claims 50mph on 6s, then wouldnt that put the motor in the 1200-1400kv range?? If so this would exclude the possibility of a castle motor like the ones used in their monster trucks(2200kv)
    they said it's a new motor made just for this boat, also the esc..

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    they said it's a new motor made just for this boat, also the esc..
    Its gunna be G-Freak stage 5 product...

that's scary, don't do that

Me too! I'm in gilroy. Where do you run your boats??
    I run at Kaiser Cove in Fremont-- the Model Mariners club is up there. Bigwaveohs is also there.

How about you? Any good lakes in your neck of the woods that allow model boats?

-Chief

Have any of you considered that Traxxas, having previously release a boat that used a 2 into 1 geardrive, may be using a pair of their Brushless motors and ESCs?

Didnt see this anywhere in here before, but I found this.. forgive me if its a repeat

From Pete at Traxxas

"The new boat is AWESOME, and that's the RC guy in me talking, not the Traxxas guy. Anticipated price is $400, but that's not locked in. The graphics will change too, anything currently on the web is pre-production stuff. Looks cool, but not final. And we don't have a name yet."

"The plan is to get the NTB (New Traxxas Boat) out by the end of June. But, like the price, that's not set in stone. The goal is always, "as soon as possible, as affordably as posible," but since this is an all-new boat for us, we can't totally pin those things down to the day and the dollar at the moment, but price and release date will firm up soon. Stay tuned."

"It is plasticbut not like the Villain and other Traxxas boats (not that there's anything wrong with them in their intended affordable fun-boating mission). For this new boat, a specially designed hull optimized for heavy-duty brushless power has been created that is unlike anything currently available. You won't wish it was fiberglass. More details to follow in the official release."

Hope I didnt violate any rules doin that....??

9 seconds in, says it comes w/ the velineon power system? Know nothing about those to comment

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers (not this specific motor, just for reference)

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    9 seconds in, says it comes w/ the velineon power system? Know nothing about those to comment

http://www.google.com/products/catal...wAg#ps-sellers (not this specific motor, just for reference)
    It's a new Velineon system for this boat and I think the motor is a Feigao design

Are all the other Velineon systems for thier car/ truck stuff? They dont have one in a boat yet, do they? Im not up on the Traxxas brushless stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Are all the other Velineon systems for thier car/ truck stuff? They dont have one in a boat yet, do they? Im not up on the Traxxas brushless stuff.
    yes for their 10th scale trucks
    the motor is a HOSS!
    it puts down some real power

I thought I would pop in hear and say that you never know about the hull it may be a FG and a Styrene Plastic hatch. We all have to wait to see it to know for sure. No mater what I feel the more the better. It will be interesting to see what they do for 6S ESC!
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    It will be interesting to see what they do for 6S ESC!
    So, imagine, if you will... a pair of Velineon power systems, each powered by a standard 2S/3S ESC, all going through a 2 into 1 gearbox.

Then each ESC would only see 2S or 3S... Would carry 6S, but it would be split between two motors...

Hmmmm.... Just guessing... They may have actually built new stuff, but this would nicely utilize stuff they already have...

the 2200kv castle is a neu 1515 1y basically... meaning they could be having castle supply the 1515 1.5y 1500kv motors... same can different kv.... I have 3 1515 1.5y's and they are great motors....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast