Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Genesis catamaran ???

Can anyone give me a link to order a hull to do a twin?

Sorry I can' t, this hull is a present from the manufacturer

Just send a message to one of the eBay re-sellers and ask for a plain hull. I don't think there are direct links. At least not that I have found.

The EKOS hulls are going to be in within the month and are 140 tower member price.

EDIT: unless the context of your question is looking for a Genesis, then I'd say just get one, they are cheap. =)

I do want the gen version. Want o make something bad- azz out of it for 6S a side :)

I do want the gen version
    me too!
    Emmanuel
    I'm french but I doubt I really am!
    http://pagesperso-orange.fr/pleindetrucs/

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    I' m waiting for Raceboats powertrims and a 120mm Hopf rudder
    Here are the parts, very high quality, there are 3 ball bearings in the tube

Raceboats Shop : http://www.rc-raceboats.de/shop/index.php?language=en
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 08:57 PM.

I received the Hopf rudder with 12cm blade not new but never used. I will change the screws with allen inox screws and I will put a nylon pastic screw.
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 09-08-2011 at 06:00 PM.

sweet! ow's that HOTR hull coming along?

Are you talking about my HOTR cat? I' m finishing the paint job

My RC buddy and I went out today for some boating....... he brought his stock genesis to play with one last time before he dismantled it for the twin castle/Neu's that are sitting on his desk, along with the two turnigy 180a's.

Well........i brought a bunch of charged up lipos.............i handed him a couple 2s

He strapped 'em in..........Taped the hatch and i gave it a toss.............

He proceeded to give it about 1/2 throttle according to him.............

It leapt darn near OUT of the water! "This esc is really touchy" He let off and throttled again slowly.......up and up........it was going like a friggin' missle............"maybe my throttle trim is up higher than last run?"(39mph a couple weeks ago) he said..........

Then he said.........."what batts are these?"............i thought about it ..............and then remembered at that moment that i handed him two 3s 4000's!!!!

At the same exact moment it completely shredded off the prop blades.....leaving it to sit proudly in the center of the Lake..........

Pushed it in with one of my boats..........

Then he completely dismantled it on the spot...........and gave me all the gear for $65...........thanks bro!

Another day at the lake........
    Attached Images Attached Images

You' re a lucky guy!

Here is my setup for the cat

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Any suggestions are welcome

You might find this information that was just sent to me of interest. I am just passing it on for reference.

1. The stock Genesis set up sold by by HobbyKing uses a 3674 2-pole brushless motor with Seaking 90A ESC turning a P1.4x 38mm Dia nylon prop. Stock speed is 60 kph or 37 MPH
    2. The upgraded Genesis set up consists of a Leopard LB4074 4-pole brushless motor and Seaking 120A ESC turning a metal prop P1.4 x 40 mm dia. Stock speed with this set up is 75 kph or 47 MPH
    3. The ultimate set up consists of two Leopard LB4074 4-pole brushless motors and Seaking 120A or upgrade to Seaking 180A ESC’s. Estimated speed in excess of 60 MPH.

How can one order the boat with nr. 3 set-up installed as above? Where did you get the info?

Youd have to get the empty hull and build it yourslelf. Its not offered RTR for options 2 and 3

Quote Originally Posted by questtek View Post
    You might find this information that was just sent to me of interest. I am just passing it on for reference.

1. The stock Genesis set up sold by by HobbyKing uses a 3674 2-pole brushless motor with Seaking 90A ESC turning a P1.4x 38mm Dia nylon prop. Stock speed is 60 kph or 37 MPH
    2. The upgraded Genesis set up consists of a Leopard LB4074 4-pole brushless motor and Seaking 120A ESC turning a metal prop P1.4 x 40 mm dia. Stock speed with this set up is 75 kph or 47 MPH
    3. The ultimate set up consists of two Leopard LB4074 4-pole brushless motors and Seaking 120A or upgrade to Seaking 180A ESC’s. Estimated speed in excess of 60 MPH.

Where did that info come from?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Youd have to get the empty hull and build it yourslelf. Its not offered RTR for options 2 and 3
    Wouldn't you mean, get the RTR and upgrade the parts?
    Can anyone can get the empty hull just yet?

I'm curious about the info as well. Mine came with a 125a ESC according to the manual in the box. It's also identical to another 125a Mystery ESC I have.

I never ran the stock motor/ESC, so don't have any clue about stock performance.

Yeah you can get it empty undrilled thru TFL. Alfa Spirit got one.

Stock 3S2P 29.9mph 4S1P 38 something.. cant remember... still not trimmed right and now all torn apart...

Some are getting almost 40 on 4S, stock set up

He said it was a gift from the MFR

Email TFL.

Email TFL.
    Dont take that as a snap back comment Just mean email them and see if you get the same response I did

Dont take that as a snap back comment Just mean email them and see if you get the same response I did
    All good!

Jeff, did you get your hull yet?

Here we go again. Manufacturers selling direct to end users. It doesn't pay to be a dealer of anything anymore.

Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

quote : "The stock Genesis set up sold by by HobbyKing uses a 3674 2-pole brushless motor with Seaking 90A ESC turning a P1.4x 38mm Dia nylon prop. Stock speed is 60 kph or 37 MPH"

The esc i got from the Genesis has two 35v caps / 1000uF...........im gonna say its a 120a 6s speedo...................considering the size and weight as well.............its heavier and larger than my Tunigy 120's.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Here we go again. Manufacturers selling direct to end users. It doesn't pay to be a dealer of anything anymore.
    It's been a trend for decades and is a huge perk of the "Internet age".

Why the sad song?

Because we have great dealers like Steven at OSE trying to bring new products to you. They invest in buying a sample (the chinese don't give ANY free samples) and take their time to test them, etc. The dealer deserves to make a profit if he is going to invest his hard earned $$$ in stocking the stuff. But then along comes a guy who emails the factory and they sell it to him for dealer cost! It just isn't fair to dealers like Steven who brought this boat in and introduced it to the world and now it's being bought out from under him.

Some day we won't have the dealers and forums like this one because everybody wants to 'buy direct' and save a little. You'll have to order everything from China when they're gone. Can't blame people for trying to save some $$$ but I can certainly blame unscrupulous manufacturers that don't honor their dealers.

Next time you need a prop or a water jacket, or.... maybe you should just get it from China. Of course they won't have what you want but then the great Internet Age let's you look and look and look and you might save $2! Yippee.

THAT is the sad song.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    It's been a trend for decades and is a huge perk of the "Internet age".

Why the sad song?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Sounds like the dealers get to have all the fun!

That sounds like a cool job. Seriously. I wouldn't worry about a few non-sales from people "in the know" slipping in direct orders. I would be more interested in tapping in to new customer bases that don't know about FE boats yet. New customers have the most money to spend and the highest level of enthusiasm. IMO. Look at what Venom has accomplished. Tons of new to FE customers. Me, for one. They pulled me into this arena.

I'm not saying this to oppose or argue, just what I would do... There's a ton of competition and China is setup to win by exploiting consumer greed... It's certainly not an easy task.

I definitely wouldn't slight the MFR's for selling direct though. That's what their business is, selling a product they make. To anyone, anywhere, any time, for any cost they choose. A boat sold is a boat sold. They are smart by making their consumer happy as the consumer will then buy more. Tell their friends and they buy more.

I'm not interested in getting any further into business semantics or ethics... there's college courses for that. Just offering up an educated point of view.
    Take it as you will, but bitching about it doesn't help anyone and kinda makes you look like an ass.

PS- I order from Steve all the time, from Jeff and China too. Just depends on what I need, when I need it and what I want to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    PS- I order from Steve all the time, from Jeff and China too. Just depends on what I need, when I need it and what I want to pay for it.
    I agree. 90% of my product comes from OSE. But if I can save 200 dollars by purchasing a complete boat from China.. you bet your butt Im going to get it from china. However, all replacemnt parts, drive cables etc, will come from OSE or the LHS. (Jim Im not excluding you for any reason, I just dont do any small stuff and change out any 4mm stuff I have to anything but) I can only compare to what "I" do, or how or where "I" choose to buy from, but at the end of the day, just because Minicat or OSE cant compete w/ the Genesis or other China hulls, doesnt mean its the end of the world. Ford doesnt cry because they cant sell Chevy.....

I think all of us respect what Steve and Jim (Sailr) do and how they contribute to the Hobby. I think both of you will be plenty busy for years to come. Also, and I know its hard to forget, but remember the economic times we are in. Any of us are blessed right now to be able to purchase hobby supplies. And ALL of us are busting are butts searching for the best deals to support our addiction. If that means a battery or 10 batteries and a hull come from China... It is what it is.

Just my 2 pennys... which is about all I have left...

Spell "socks" out in your head... you just said "it is what it is" in Espanol. See OSE is informative too

Fightercat,

Thanks for the name calling. I didn't single anyone out. You have just shown yours.

My complaint is about the manufacturers if you read carefully.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast