Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Genesis catamaran ???

With those stingers I do not see how you adjust them without bending the stuffing tube unless the brass only goes to the front of the strut. Or you can use a mount like that then you could replace the tube with any length if you build it right.

Straight shafts with bearings would be easier and cheaper.

Where can a person get a hull only?

Alfa, isnt figuring out how you really want to build it fun!!!! It seems as if its the biggest part of your project. And even after its done, youll wonder... 'What If......."

It all depends how fast you wanna go and watching your amps... and/ or, what components you may already have. 8Xls on 4S is going to run slower than say 10Xls on 6S, with not much difference in amp draw. The reason I had not gone w/ 8XLs in my previous twin build was that trying to use 120A escs on 4S, your pretty close to your cap on what you can do. Trying to step up to 5S really spiked the Amp draw. Thats why I went w/ 10XLs using 120A escs.. I dont think there is really a "one better than the other" scenario, it comes down to how you do the complete package to meet your goals, what your budget is and as I said before, if your trying to build using some components you may already have....

Jeff, I think I see a market for stingers that would fit the Genesis... Hint hint

Should be pretty easy but the mount is what is going to cost...changing it out with another tube is easy. Should be a better way to get that out the back.

Yuppers, the mount is what the issue is..... But w/ your craftiness.. how bout a mount that will work w/ a couple different stingers, ie length, possibly inner diameter... something that could work on the Skunk2 as well. HOTR stingers will not properly fit the Skunk and SV will not w/ out modification. Theres somethign for you to chew on seeing how it seems the new FE craze is twin cats....

So do the ones at the RC raceboat, German page up above meet the specs for these boats?

I just recived my Genisis cat today. I read that the rudder linkage should be changed, to keep the nose from diving in the turns . I made two, linkage rods 1- 0.93 & 1-0.70. Which one should i use ?.

Bigger is better when it comes to keeping it straight!

For a boat that long I think you'd be better off with Tiqueman's recommendation on 10xl's and 6s. With that being said, I run my skunk with 8xl's and 120's. I have logged in over 50 runs and have tried many different props and a couple different battery combo's. With 4s I am now running ABC 1.6/3 with great results. Temp after a 3 minute run is under 120. I have tried all the way up to x447's and ABC 1.8/3's. The 1.8/3 is too much right out the bag. Temps after four passes was 140 on the escs and motors. Granted it was running really wet due to the lift characteristics of this prop.

I have run 6s a couple of times with X442's. Runs as hot as 1.8/3 on 4s.

Quote Originally Posted by ED66677 View Post
    I think I'm going to buid some cheap one with adjustable lengh for the french market!
    Here are mesurements or size if you prefer

Fixing on the boat:
    - largeur partie fixe contre TA powertrim : 14 mm
    - hauteur partie fixe contre TA powertrim : 25 mm
    lenght between PTFE washer and the hull:
    - longueur entre TA powertrim et début rondelle téflon : 95 mm
    lenght between the boat and the drive dog:
    - longueur entre TA powertrim et fin du dog drive (début hélice) : 106 mm
    - diamètre : 11 mm
    Total lenght:
    - Longueur totale du TA jusqu'Ã*!** fin filetage M4 écrou de maintient hélice : 136 mm

Sorry for this bad translation

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    For a boat that long I think you'd be better off with Tiqueman's recommendation on 10xl's and 6s. With that being said, I run my skunk with 8xl's and 120's. I have logged in over 50 runs and have tried many different props and a couple different battery combo's. With 4s I am now running ABC 1.6/3 with great results. Temp after a 3 minute run is under 120. I have tried all the way up to x447's and ABC 1.8/3's. The 1.8/3 is too much right out the bag. Temps after four passes was 140 on the escs and motors. Granted it was running really wet due to the lift characteristics of this prop.

I have run 6s a couple of times with X442's. Runs as hot as 1.8/3 on 4s.
    I'm planning on running the genisis on 4s, to keep it affordable. I was talking to scott tonight . He suggested we switch out the stuffing tube & 4mm flex shaft . So were going to put in a 1/4 stuffing tube & a .150 flexshaft kit from octura,so i can have a better selection of props. I know i will have to change the esc, & i plan on using either the turnigy 180 or the hobbywing 180 esc. I belive he suggested a x440 prop for 4s .

The strut is the same part than the HOTR. Here is what I did to square part of the flex shaft: Adter taking off grease on this part I put it in resin epoxy during 1 minutr to have a strog adjustment, square part of the flex can' t be deformed.To nount 3/16" props I use 4mm adapter insert for 3/16 propellers,

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    I'm planning on running the genisis on 4s, to keep it affordable. I was talking to scott tonight . He suggested we switch out the stuffing tube & 4mm flex shaft . So were going to put in a 1/4 stuffing tube & a .150 flexshaft kit from octura,so i can have a better selection of props. I know i will have to change the esc, & i plan on using either the turnigy 180 or the hobbywing 180 esc. I belive he suggested a x440 prop for 4s .
    The setup in my skunk that i was talking about is a twin setup. If you are going to be running a single he is pointing you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    The setup in my skunk that i was talking about is a twin setup. If you are going to be running a single he is pointing you in the right direction.
    Yes i will be running a single motor. Is the stock motor okay for 4s?. When i install the servo arm. what hole on the arm should i use ?. I have a JR aluminum arm with 4 holes.

I' m not sue for 4S setup so with the stock motor this is what you need
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 09-08-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Yes i will be running a single motor. Is the stock motor okay for 4s?. When i install the servo arm. what hole on the arm should i use ?. I have a JR aluminum arm with 4 holes.
    Yup, 4S on the motor should be fine. Its basically an 8XL. I just measured a couple of my cat servos, Im running about .7 - .72 inches out from the servo arm screw. Seems to work very well. Not sure how many out that is on a JR, but Im going to take a stab at 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Yup, 4S on the motor should be fine. Its basically an 8XL. I just measured a couple of my cat servos, Im running about .7 - .72 inches out from the servo arm screw. Seems to work very well. Not sure how many out that is on a JR, but Im going to take a stab at 3.
    Scott that is exactly in between the 3rd & 4th hole out on the arm. That is measuring for the center of the screw hole on the center post

Scott that is exactly in between the 3rd & 4th hole out on the arm. That is measuring for the center of the screw hole on the center post
    4 will give you a little more throw than 3.. but 3 would be more than enough. Ive got mine where they are and have my steering rate at about 60% I think. And even at that, unles Im kickin the boat around from almost a dead stop in a slow motion, I never turn the wheel more than a degree or 2 anyway. Id put it on 3.

4 will give you a little more throw than 3.. but 3 would be more than enough. Ive got mine where they are and have my steering rate at about 60% I think. And even at that, unles Im kickin the boat around from almost a dead stop in a slow motion, I never turn the wheel more than a degree or 2 anyway. Id put it on 3.
    Thats the hole i planed on try first . If i get a CF prop, this is the one you recomended correct ?. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2317.40

Thats the hole i planed on try first . If i get a CF prop, this is the one you recomended correct ?. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=grp-2317.40
    Yeah, Id get the 42 as well. Just so you have a couple options and see how it does temp wise. Like I said, I ran pretty warn on a X440, but it also didnt really sound like the prop was winding as it shoudl have been. Like it was too deep...

And check the stock size.. I think its close to 40ish???? I cant find mine.. its temporarily MIA.

Yeah, Id get the 42 as well. Just so you have a couple options and see how it does temp wise. Like I said, I ran pretty warn on a X440, but it also didnt really sound like the prop was winding as it shoudl have been. Like it was too deep...

And check the stock size.. I think its close to 40ish???? I cant find mine.. its temporarily MIA.
    Stock is 38mm on both the Apparition and the Genesis
    ________
    Maine dispensary
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Mudl uses those german Raceboats powertrims on is twin BJ. He told me they are very good quality

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-02-2010 at 09:56 AM.

the pb fasttech prop is good and readily available at your lhs 1.6" x 2.5" Composite Propeller
    link
    http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB0151
    3/16 with a 3mm adapter sleeve i drill them out for 1/8"

This hull looks very strong, do you think it' s necessary to reinforce the GENESIS hull. If yes, where? Hull joint or more, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    This hull looks very strong, do you think it' s necessary to reinforce the GENESIS hull. If yes, where? Hull joint or more, Thanks
    Check the rear hull joint, mine separated and didn't have any inside fiberglass strap covering the joint inside the transom

The cheaply made (but pretty!) Chinese boats always need reinforcing. If you want a strong strong hull without extra work, you'll pay more money for it.

No matter what, you're gonna end up paying for it! ;-)
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

This Genesis cat is very well made, more stronger than the HOTR hull, really This cat can be compared with HM hull
    G3 Racing stickers are great, I' ll put a big G3 Racing on the front under the number
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 08:59 PM.

I agree... built waaaaay better than the HOTR 32.

I you want I can send you those G3 Racing stickers, pro quality, brilliant finish.

I' m waiting for Raceboats powertrims and a 120mm Hopf rudder
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-05-2010 at 01:25 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast