Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Genesis catamaran ???

i buy 25% of my stuff from china but most local to support bussiness plus i hate waiting ,quick service trumps price for me anyday

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Fightercat,

Thanks for the name calling. I didn't single anyone out. You have just shown yours.

My complaint is about the manufacturers if you read carefully.
    Saying it kinda makes you look like an ass isn't name calling. It's saying the bitching is making you look like an ass. I don't think you are a donkey.

Here's a Genesis with a Neu 1521 1Y on 6s, X640, Turnigy 180a esc, and 2 x 5000 mah 3s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDE8IYdTlKs

I have a set of 3 x G3 RACING stickers for Genesis hull, this cat is an anamazing offshore
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 08:54 PM.

I run my gesisis with the stock motor and a 40mm prop, on 4s & a HW 180 esc. The motor is getting to 170 after a run. I have plenty of water flow. The strut is level with the bottom of the hull. I set it by putting the boat on a table & lowering the strut untill it was flat on the counter. This is how (Tiqueman or Scott ) told me to set the strut as a starting point. Is anyone else getting motor temps that high ?.

If I remember correctly. Alfa Spirit said: It was a GIFT from the manufacturer.

Steve here at OSE ran it stock and smoked the motor and esc. Looks good on the 1521 though!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Steve here at OSE ran it stock and smoked the motor and esc. Looks good on the 1521 though!
    Thats what i thought. I was thinking a 1515 1y on 4s would be a nice & reliable boat.

Also does anyone know if a neu smooth can 1515 1y or a castle finned can 1515 1y will fit in the stock motor mount ?.
    Last edited by rchippie; 06-12-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    I run my gesisis with the stock motor and a 40mm prop, on 4s & a HW 180 esc. The motor is getting to 170 after a run. I have plenty of water flow. The strut is level with the bottom of the hull. I set it by putting the boat on a table & lowering the strut untill it was flat on the counter. This is how (Tiqueman or Scott ) told me to set the strut as a starting point. Is anyone else getting motor temps that high ?.
    Did you try raising the strut? Did it look to be running wet? Maybe a smaller prop? Id look at all those options first. Sounds like it was just loading up too much. What was the esc and batt temps?

The Neu or castle will fit the stock mounting holes... you may have to do someting about the forward support though?

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Did you try raising the strut? Did it look to be running wet? Maybe a smaller prop? Id look at all those options first. Sounds like it was just loading up too much. What was the esc and batt temps?

The Neu or castle will fit the stock mounting holes... you may have to do someting about the forward support though?
    Hi Scott

I could'nt remember if you said to raise or lower the strut, so i did'nt do either . How much should i raise it for my next run ?. The lipos were around 120 & i would say the esc was a little hotter than that. It looks like the smooth can neu might fit into the RR brace. If not i can make up something, the smaller stock prop broke on the First outing.

Hi Scott

I could'nt remember if you said to raise or lower the strut, so i did'nt do either . How much should i raise it for my next run ?. The lipos were around 120 & i would say the esc was a little hotter than that. It looks like the smooth can neu might fit into the RR brace. If not i can make up something, the smaller stock prop broke on the First outing.
    I was doing some test runs on mine, seemed to handle best with the strut in the most bottom position. I managed to stick a Feigao 10xl 580 motor. With a small water-cooler it went on ok, but when I got one with a large OSE water-cooler I has to cut two notches into the motor mount to clear the motor. It seems to work well so far with the stock prop, had about5 runs. Will try going to a x440 next ans see how that goes.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but this hull and paint scheme is a closely resembles a Mystic C5000R Pretty cool. Just thought I would mention sense I'm bored lol. http://www.mysticpowerboats.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Hi Scott

Id go up first and see what happens. May bring your temps down, but could affect hanlding... Like I said via our phone conversation, my best run yet was about 3mm higher than stock adjustments will allow you to go ( I filed the strut slot up some) and I think I was on a 440? My batts were the only thing that got hot, ut they were crappy Reedy 20C batts. Havent tried it yet on 40Cs. I still havent even got mine back together. Too much going on lately.

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Id go up first and see what happens. May bring your temps down, but could affect hanlding... Like I said via our phone conversation, my best run yet was about 3mm higher than stock adjustments will allow you to go ( I filed the strut slot up some) and I think I was on a 440? My batts were the only thing that got hot, ut they were crappy Reedy 20C batts. Havent tried it yet on 40Cs. I still havent even got mine back together. Too much going on lately.
    I fogot to mark the stock location. So i marked the strut when i made it level with the bottom of the hull. I will use that as my starting point & go up from there.

Default Link needed

There was a link to programming the stock esc from the Genisis, on here. I can not find it . If someone could post it here i would appreciate. Thank you for your help .

Thanks for posting the question. :)

I did a quick search and found it in the thread...here is a link to the specific post...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...7&postcount=74

Quote Originally Posted by R1 Seven View Post
    Thanks for posting the question. :)

I did a quick search and found it in the thread...here is a link to the specific post...

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...7&postcount=74
    I was going to PM you the link when i got, but you beat me to it .

I' ll build parts to have a perfect mounf for Octuras X442 and X442R with bullet nuts
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 09-08-2011 at 05:58 PM.

For those of you running the Genisis on 4s . Were are you placing your lipos in relation to the stock battery tray ?.

Raceboats stingers are long enough (13 cm), I can mount X442 or X447 using the bullet nuts and position of the propellers will be perfect for this hull
    Very clean mount. Thanks to VV, nice parts my friend

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 09-08-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Question

Here is the setup for this 39" cat, propellers will be X442 or may be X447
    Give me your advice guys,
    First 2x5S or 2x4S?? 35000 RPM unload?
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 09-08-2011 at 05:51 PM.

What setup would you choose? 2x4S or 2x5S for this cat?
    Is 35000 RPM unload a good value?
    ThX

GOT MINE TODAY,,,YYiipppeee, cant wait to get it wet,,Thanks again Alfa for the hook up on where to get it sence everywhere was backordered.....

Quote Originally Posted by HYDROJERRY View Post
    GOT MINE TODAY,,,YYiipppeee, cant wait to get it wet,,Thanks again Alfa for the hook up on where to get it sence everywhere was backordered.....
    I'm waiting for mine. They sent me an email stating that it got shipped today EMS from HK. How long does it take for delivery to the states?
    ? WHAT RULES?

If you dont have lipos in that order i would say like 2 or 3 weeks,,eeeek.

My brother has the hoobyking genesis and he says the hull cant handle the power and ties itself in knots, he had sss4082 motor, octura m447 prop on 6s, any help or thoughts thanks

What kv is the motor and can you describe the problem In more detail?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I run a 4084 leopard 1800kv with seaking 180A ESC on my Genesis with a 40mm 1.6 high pitch prop and offset rudder. It's a good setup for 6S. Temps on batteries/ESC/ motor are all right around 105-115 after a good hard run.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456