Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Genesis catamaran ???

Default Genesis catamaran ???

Who have a Genesis cat? I need advice about the hull, only the hull because the stock setup looks inapropriate
    ThX

I have one on the way, but it will be a week before it get's here I'm sure. I'm considering switching to a dual motor setup with new Stingers & 4mm drives. Will know when I actually get to see the hull and what it will take.
    ________
    Extreme Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Still looking for measurements on the sponson transom overhang...
    ________
    Full melt hash
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Who have a Genesis cat? I need advice about the hull, only the hull because the stock setup looks inapropriate
    ThX

Hey pm Steve from OSE he has one, and posted some videos on it

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...hlight=genisis
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    Hey pm Steve from OSE he has one, and posted some videos on it

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...hlight=genisis
    Yep, did that, boat isn't available at this time. I do think that Tiqueman should have his in hand, very shortly though.
    ________
    IPOD GAMES
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:17 PM.

I got mine in hand....

I bought a Genesis hull, only the hull painted and with the stickers directly from the factory.
    Setup will be a twin motors with 6S. 6S for each motor in parallel
    I' m thinking for 1700kV motors, 37750 RPM unload, what do you think?
    Tiqueman, how is the hull, same quality or better than the HOTR cat?
    Please can you post pictures?
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 09:05 PM.

I bought a Genesis hull, only the hull painted and with the stickers directly from the factory.

Tiqueman, how is the hull, same quality or better than the HOTR cat?
    Please can you post pictures?

Id say its seems better than the HOTR 32" cat hull. Not as flimsly and it is dead on straight as an arrow. No twist, warp, etc, etc.

Howd you score an empty hull? Thru TFL?
    Attached Images Attached Images

T- is it the same size at the apparition width wise? I was hoping it would be wider.

Thanks for posting the photos, that's a nice looking paint scheme. I like the # too. 72 is Pegrams AMA number. My old race number was 70. Love the 7's. =)
    ________
    Nevada dispensary
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Thank you for the pictures
    What kind of finish is this, paint or stickers?

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminR View Post
    T- is it the same size at the apparition width wise? I was hoping it would be wider.

Thanks for posting the photos, that's a nice looking paint scheme. I like the # too. 72 is Pegrams AMA number. My old race number was 70. Love the 7's. =)
    Its exactly the same width as the HOTR. But, I wouldnt rule it out. Although I havent run it yet, Stevens vids seemed to show it handle better than everyone thought. I like the hull design because it comes to a tru point under the sponson rather than a flat spot. Should be able to handle a decent chop, again, Stevens vid proves that as well.

Thank you for the pictures
    What kind of finish is this, paint or stickers?
    Its a combination of both. The yellow and red up the bow seem to be decals, as well as all the white pin striping. The black, orange and silver are paint and the windshields a decal. Very nicely done though. Im impressed w/ it. Clear is nice and thick and really makes the paint look deep. BUT, Ive heard from more than one that it chipes easily while removing hatch tape. I just need to remember to pull it off slow and at a 180 peel back to try to prohibit paint pull. I even thought about getting some 3M clear vinyl and lining the hatch and the hull around the hatch w/ an inch and a half or so of the vinyl (on each part) and tape on top of that. That way your pullin off of vinyl.... as long as the vinyl gets a good adhesion... in theory, it should work

Would it be possible to add another coat of clear to help prevent the peel? Looks nice though. Twins????

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    Its exactly the same width as the HOTR. But, I wouldnt rule it out. Although I havent run it yet, Stevens vids seemed to show it handle better than everyone thought. I like the hull design because it comes to a tru point under the sponson rather than a flat spot. Should be able to handle a decent chop, again, Stevens vid proves that as well.

Its a combination of both. The yellow and red up the bow seem to be decals, as well as all the white pin striping. The black, orange and silver are paint and the windshields a decal. Very nicely done though. Im impressed w/ it. Clear is nice and thick and really makes the paint look deep. BUT, Ive heard from more than one that it chipes easily while removing hatch tape. I just need to remember to pull it off slow and at a 180 peel back to try to prohibit paint pull. I even thought about getting some 3M clear vinyl and lining the hatch and the hull around the hatch w/ an inch and a half or so of the vinyl (on each part) and tape on top of that. That way your pullin off of vinyl.... as long as the vinyl gets a good adhesion... in theory, it should work
    Yeah, I lined the rear of the KOS with PVC tape and just do a tape to tape, as it pulls off the pin striping on removal.

Good note to be careful of the paint pull. Another help might be to wax it lightly. I use stuff called Liquid Glass, which allows the PVC to stick, but removes easily. It was originally designed for fiberglass Corvettes and works well on fiberglass bodies. (been using it for years on my fiberglass race bodywork)
    ________
    Cb-1
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Would it be possible to add another coat of clear to help prevent the peel? Looks nice though. Twins????
    Not really. You can get the new clear to adhere to the old clear.. but if its still not a good bond under than... its still going to peel.

It is not twins and probably never will be. At least mine anyway. Ive got another project hull about the same size that will be a twin build.

I bought my GENESIS hull from manufacture and I will tell you more when I will receive the boat.
    What do you think about that twin setup, 2x3S 5000mAh and 2 x Tenshock 2240 1700kV? Thank you
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 05-17-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks for posting this stuff guys. Seems like the hull has some serious potential.

Alfa, whos the manufacturer? Is it TFL? Or are they like HOTR and just a supplier?????

This is CHINATOPWIN boat manufacturer

http://www.chinatopwin.com/EP-Boat-c18.html

This is CHINATOPWIN boat manufacturer

http://www.chinatopwin.com/EP-Boat-c18.html
    Pictures from this site show it with decals that say "HOR racing"
    Does it come like that?
    Attached Images Attached Images

What do you think about 2 x cheap FSD motors 540XL 1845kV with a pair of Turnigy 120A?
    6S for each combo

Quote Originally Posted by tomstoys2 View Post
    Pictures from this site show it with decals that say "HOR racing"
    Does it come like that?
    The HobbyCity boat does not come w/ TFL or HOR on the side.

What do you think about 2 x cheap FSD motors 540XL 1845kV with a pair of Turnigy 120A?
    6S for each combo

That should work fine. Theres info on a HPR06, little longer and wider than the Genesis, w/ twin Feigao XL motors on 5S I think it is.. 8Xls? and its around 60mph.

Do you have a link to this HPR06 twin Feigao 540XL ?

Do you have a link to this HPR06 twin Feigao 540XL ?
    http://hpr06.speedtoy.com/setup.htm
    Franks "NO FEAR" boat and emails back and forth w/ HPR of which I no longer have.

Im building my HPR very similar.

Looking to the HPR setup I understand that each combo ESC/motor is powered by 5S, right?

Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 06-30-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Yes, 5S each.

And you can do it as you have shown, BUT.. your run times will be very short. Im running my twin HOTR on10XLs with 2 - 3S 5800mah in Series, then parallaled to each ESC, as you have shown, and if you stay on it hard, its less than 2 minutes. You have the room in the Genesis, Id give it 5 or 6S each. And I would still parallel it to both ESCs so they always see the same voltage.

Ok Tiqueman.
    That' s why I want to choose good motors with high efficiency and torque, high quality magnets like Tenshock 2240/9 motors.

Id still recommend 6S each, if thats the cell count your looking to run. Its a lot less stress on your batteries. Ive heard of some guys puffing cells and they arent even getting hot. Just from the demand and rapid discharge I guess. If I could put 2 6S batts in my HOTR, I would have done it. Im actually thinking of dropping to 8 or 9XLs in it so I can run 4S2P

The plan for now, because I have it all, is to run 10XLs on 6S2P in the HPR06. Eventually it will get Neus, or now Im looking at the Tenshock as well....

Default RTR info

Today I decided Id try and get it a little closer to seeing the water. As w/ all new RTR boats, I pulled the shaft to grease it. Upon finding no grease at all on the flex and a small amount inside the sqare housing of the stub shaft, I also discovered that the stuffing tube had broke loose. Something all of you getting the RTR need to check. I had been over it w/ a fine tooth comb and had no idea it was loose. What Im getting used to doing now w/ RTRs is gutting the entire boat upon purchase and rebuilding it so that you know for certain everything is right.

Do you think that 3S per motor (3000kV) can work fine or is this "light" for this hull?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast