Thread: HK 2.4 Radio w/ Turborix ESC help

Default HK 2.4 Radio w/ Turborix ESC help

Ok gang,

Im ready to hit the water today if I can get this ESC figured out.

Heres the ESC and the radio:
    http://r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail....=rcps81706_120
    http://www.unitedhobbies.com/hobbyci...dProduct=10608

My last radio was a Team Associated XPS

here was the procedure for it:
    Throttle Advance HI -> max setting
    Throttle Advance LO -> low setting
    Throttle Trim-> low setting

Turn tx on. Turn boat on. Motor starts the fast paced di-di-di noise. Pull trigger for max throttle. Motor makes chime like noise, then 3 beeps. After third beep quickly move throttle to opposite position. Motor makes one beep. HOLD THIS POSITION. Motor makes music noise. Then one beep.
    With the new radio I have tried it with the throttle reversed, forward, neutral, advanced and retarded. All the same result. It will arm but as soon as I let off "full reverse/stop" and let the trigger to its neutral (no force on trigger) it begins to run.

Im a little peeved right now. After a year long break I was hoping to get this into the water!

HELP! Please!

Reverse the throttle switch. Mine runs like that as well but then unplug it and replug and it should be fine. They do have a programmer for that one I think.

I had to adjust the throttle detent to get it to save the program. You also hold the throttle to full so you can begin hearing the sequence...you then let it go to N to go in to that programming mode. Then once you find you code or beeps you want then full throttle again and it will take it and then keep holding the throttle full on and it goes back to the original mode. When you are done then hit reverse to save but you have to play with the detent on throttle until you hear the save tone which mean just keep it in reverse and adjust you detent back until you get the tone.

Uploading the documentation I got emailed to me by R2Hobbies.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Basstronics View Post
    Uploading the documentation I got emailed to me by R2Hobbies.
    Did it solve your problem?

unfortunately no it didnt fix the issue.

The esc thinks that the neutral position is on the power slope instead of 0.

I forgot to mention it, but the other radio I used you could actually change the trigger position so there was little to no "reverse" area.

Im gonna run her as is. I just gotta remember to lift into reverse so theres no power to the motor...

I think Im just gonna buy a new ESC and get it over with. The one I have is meant for planes...

probably needs a pistix to make it work right.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Well that makes the difference. They make one for a boat.

Yes I will be ordering the pistix.

Thanks for the advice and help all.

I have that radio and had no problems setting end points but on a different ESC.
    I had to adjust the trim to 0 though before it would work, pull the trigger all the way and connect the battery, wait for the beep and just release the trigger. It was all ok. I was not able to do it with out adjusting the trim.

Mine unfortunately doesnt work like that.

I emailed r2hobbies on it and they want me to make a video of the issue.

Im going to try this tonight. Maybe they will have a solution I wasnt aware of. However I believe it boils down to usign an aircraft ESC in a boat and the fact the radio isnt at a full "0" position when no pressure is on the trigger.

I use aircraft ESC in my boat, no problems. This sounds like it can't find the end point. Just make sure NOT to pusch the throttle past the neutral position. (don't let it go in what would be reverse in the car). Play with the trim adjustment in 0 or 50 or 100 position.

Just an update.

I bought and installed the PiStix.

It cured the problem 100%

Excellent.

I cant wait to get this boat back into the water. Now with 2.4 GHz, PiStix, Jeff Wholt Wire Drive, new prop... and...

new HD video Camera!

Im pretty psyched!