Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Traxxas Mono!

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    who said anyhing about surviving?

Exactly....

Can't wait to see the first video...

They aren't going to gear drive 2 brushless motors. It would be allot cheaper to manufacture and sell a single drive unit.

You can push a 36" boat with a 380, only so fast though... 25mph like the stock Thunder Tiger 39" OBL mono. It has only a water cooled 1500KV outrunner that TT tells you to only run 3 to 4S on the motor.... or so Mrs.Darla quoted them to me. Even though the specs say 5S use Prather 215 prop, the Customer service she spoke to said not to push the motor that hard.

Whats up with that???
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    OK, I got some inside info on the traxxas mono from D&J hobby in Cambell Ca. The young man who did the interview told me personally that the motor is a 380-sized Xtra long, and is a castle built motor that is gonna have traxxas labels.(he didnt know the kv) He told me the hull was fiberglass and the hatch was abs. Also the interior was setup for 2-packs on either side of the motor. Hardware was all anodized alluminum. They are taking pre-orders now and are supposed to be the first to receive the boat when it hits production. My only question is...Why a 380???
    Perhaps he was confused when he told you this

gotta love the speculation. The video clearly says abs hull. with the motor, who knows. I'm excited to see it, that's all I know!

Yep, all speculation until some hard facts are shown...
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Perhaps he was confused when he told you this

Perhaps, He seems pretty knowledgeable about brushless electric, but didnt seem like a fe-boat guy. He said the motor was blank with no markings. Its gotta be a 540xl of some sort. 380 just doesnt make sense. I'm not sure who to believe!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567