Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Traxxas Mono!

Default castle

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee View Post
    With Traxxas having their own brushless systems I doubt that they would have Castle making a system for them but who knows.
    Traxxas uses Castle products in their rtr monster trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Who said this boat was not race worthy but you....?
    Race worthy yes but, one hit broadside and the ABS hull is in Davey Jones' Locker.

ABS is good for sport boating but, if run in a crowd of boats, eventually it will see holes and cracks. The colder it is , the worse the problem.

Ask me how I know?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    yes it could but its a Q class boat in size there is not a single Q class mono in our club at all. and probably very few in other clubs to.
    This hull would be a snack in Q-MONO.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Sorry, how do we know it's abs?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Wow, It'a friggin rtr. Not a purpose built race machine. Don't buy it if you dont like it. Trust me, Traxxas knows how to market their product, and the WILL sell a TON. Guess what, they'll stock replacement parts and give excellent customer service as well!
    This is accurate, it is a good RTR. Traxxas does make nice rtr dtuff and does serve its customers well, just lose the "race" tag.

Definition of Racing Rc electric boats is impossible. We all have a racer inside, some more aggressive than others. Yes there are meatheads in racing and meathead sport runners too.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Sorry, how do we know it's abs?
    Been doing allot of reading etc, and from the one video it looks like shoe box construction. Good indicators it is ABS. I'm not 100% sure but, from other forums, I have read it is ABS. If it is Glass, great, all the better.
    Nortavlag Bulc

So lets all stop making assumptions untill some facts are known....untill then know one knows anything.

o.k. here we are.

You can see at the transom there is the tell tale lip of shoebox construction. This only really means that it was designed with simple manufacturing techniques to lower the cost.

You can see the cowl is Definately ABS. I can tell at a distance (to a degree) if something is FG or plastic.

Here are some pics...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by Doby View Post
    Glad to see all the "experts" condemming the performance of the boat already....they must have had advanced trial runs with it to make theses statements.

I race with some experts up here on occasion and quite often their boats are pushed to hard and end up on their backs....fastest does not always win the race....but I guess that thought never occured to anyone.

Oh well......
    How can you condem the statements they are making as selling points in their videos???? Those are the the key points they make! No one is judging only going by what they state!! And I have found that most companies selling points are somewhat exagerated, so that should allow for some skeptisism! I actually race a Traxxas Villian that is kind of modified, in P P-spec off shore and do very well with it. I do like their hulls for some reason.

Not theirs,,yours...

Not theirs,,yours...
    My statements are taken directly from Traxxas videos and press releases. No secrets, these are their power and speed claims not mine.

I can't wait to see it in the LHS
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    A 36 inch hull is a Q and up boat, They state 50 MPH on a 6s set up which is Q, power Sorry but 50 is not goin to cut it in Q,S&T classes. The Hull looks great and I agree, it looks like a nice boat. But to make this RTR hull raceable there are other hulls that could be just as nice for less money in the long run.
    Raceable can mean a lot of different things to many people,,from fun runs to SAWs and everything in between. Who cares if it doesn't perfectly fit one of the current classes in either of the two main organizatons.

Just about every RTR boat on the market, gas or FE is marketed as "Race Ready" these days. What are they going to put,,,,"Display Ready"???

Buy it if you want,,,use it for fun running or racing,,,will it win a lot of races, who knows, but the main idea of this hobby is to have fun.....some people really take the race thing to seriously for their own good.

How many people supported their family's racing RC boats last year? So why do we do this.....FUN

Glad to see all the "experts" condemming the performance of the boat already....they must have had advanced trial runs with it to make theses statements.
    Funny I don't think anybody's saying the the performance of the boat sucks I think it runs well for an RTR and it looks sweet.

I wish Traxxas would have built it shorter and I would probably buy it and use it in P spec off shore for fun as it looks good. (I hate the looks of the Delta Force and Rico boats) but its to long for me. If it is abs I would not put in Q mono/Qoffshore at all, the heavier boats would as Ray put it "make a snack out of it" in a collision.

Traxxas makes a product that stands out in this arena but limits it users. And I don't see clubs jumping all over it just to make a class out of it.

If people have read recently what is going on in Namba, proposals are trying to limit classes.

Not theirs,,yours...
    Doby did you watch the video? they do say 50mph on 6s!

I think it is a fine boat and has its place. I'm sure it will give many hours of pleasure to the owners.

I was mearly pointing things out so that some people might not get dissapointed if they had higher expectations. I like the looks of the boat if it is glass, great but, plastic, tub toy...

Sorry if my opinion offends people, oh well....
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    I think it is a fine boat and has its place. I'm sure it will give many hours of pleasure to the owners.

I was mearly pointing things out so that some people might not get dissapointed if they had higher expectations. I like the looks of the boat if it is glass, great but, plastic, tub toy...
    agreed I just wish they would have looked at the racers as well!

their market is for a lot of people and not taylored to just the race crowed..
    It would be cool thought if it did fit in a class we have already, but then again Traxxas created many race classes we have today with their trucks
    who knows, if a lot of people buy them and I know they will, clubs could easily start a new class for this hull
    cheap way to get into racing with this size of hull
    I think what B55 is saying here is right on the mark. Witness what became a highly popular club level SV-27 race class after the SV-27's introduction. Here's a great looking boat (my opinion), backed by a reputable company, reasonably priced and very likely nicely equipped for 400 bucks RtR. At 36" it should, unlike the SV-27, be very stable and pilotable by entry level boaters. I'd love to race one of these in a "stock" class & look forward to see this product grow this FE "thing" we all enjoy.
    Last edited by properchopper; 05-09-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I have MANY traxxas products and have been super happy with all of them.... In fact my erevo brushless edition runs so hard at out local club in the monster truck class that they want to make me run in the pro truggy class... Literally runs pro truggy B main Type lap times..... For a sport truck it sure is a strong performer andi can't kill it...You should see the tumbles this thing has taken... But I also can't believe how much my erevo loves to land on it's "feet" my erevo Has won our fun "long jump" competition literally everytime I've brought it to the track... These traxxas are bulletproof for the most part, if there boats are the same it could do great things for "newcomers" entering our beloved hobby.... I highly doubt traxxas is gonna bring junk to any market.... On top of that ithink this is a great way to get more people addicted to this great sport.... Let's face it.... When's the last time traxxas has let us down?

I bet it will be using the fan cooled Mamba Monster controller or maybe a new water cooled version. Same controller used in the Brushless E Maxx and Brushless Revo. Lets see what happens when people start using more aggressive props to go faster than box stock 50mph. Will the controller live?

So far the Mamba Monster has worked perfectly in my Phil Thomas SS 21.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I think what B55 is saying here is right on the mark. Witness what became a highly popular club level SV-27 race class after the SV-27's introduction. Here's a great looking boat (my opinion), backed by a reputable company, reasonably priced and very likely nicely equipped for 400 bucks RtR. At 36" it should, unlike the SV-27, be very stable and pilotable by entry level boaters. I'd love to race one of these in a "stock" class & look forward to see this product grow this FE "thing" we all enjoy.
    I agree, I think with the rep Traxxas has and the fact that many have followed in their foot steps, who knows what this could do for the FE crowd
    A stock class could be a hoot!
    can you imagine 6 or more of these hulls all stock running at the same time.
    that could be some very fun racing, and let the best driver win
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

If you listen real close at the 1:02 mark, he says "watercooled, waterproof ESC, brand new for this boat" Guess we'll just have to wait and see!!

sounds to me like the racers were left out, the ones THAT would like to race it. Under current rules that most clubs use to keep competition fair, this boat in size fits Q. (Because you know everyone is gonna stick 6s in it!) and it does not fit in P class cause its to long. It does not seem to me that a lot of Q class boats are built. ( I may be wrong, I am basing this on a conversation I had with Brian Blazer at Blazer Marine)

Lets say for example that Traxxas did team up with Castle and put a nice big motor and esc in it.

Now lets use my club for an example we do not have Q mono/ Q off shore, and a new guy show's up with one of these sporting 6s of raw power were do we put him (we are trying to accommodate and grow are numbers) in P-mono? oh wait we don't have that either, but we do have P spec offshore, but the guy only has 6s batteries and wants to race bad and wants to continue racing. So...

a) we as club forgive the length but now he has to buy a new power system, (or new boat), which he might not want to do.

b) continue to allow him to race with his set up and smoke the competition every time.... I do not think other racers would enjoy this.

c) everyone run out and buy a Traxxas and 6s batteries and start another stock class, probably not gonna happen....

d) new guy gets mad and leaves.

See the problem.

Like I said Traxxas made a nice boat and it runs well. I just wish they would have done it like AQ did with the UL1. oh well you cant please everyone!
    Last edited by Jeepers; 05-10-2010 at 12:39 AM.

I really don't think Traxxas built this boat to run in a specific class and they didn't
    I think some should get over it and race what they have and not rip on a RTR they will never buy...

Traxxas has started many new classes because of what they have built
    the Traxxas Slash was a whole new truck and they did not know where to put them during race days, well guess what, every good club started a new SC class and everyother company started building SC trucks and they sell like crazy!
    and the Traxxas Slash became one of the fastest selling RTR RC

and I bet a new class will start, it can happen
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I would just bet it will have fewer problems than the UL1 or EKOS coming out of the gate. Monos are just easier to work with IMHO.

Looks like a fun boat. I like the colors. Hulls may be avail as well.

I really don't think Traxxas built this boat to run in a specific class and they didn't
    I think some should get over it and race what they have and not rip on a RTR they will never buy...

and I bet a new class will start, it can happen
    Why would there be a new class?? It is a Q class boat, already have class for it, Q Mono and Q Offshore. It would run in that class Rules are moving to lessen numbers of classes so I doubt many new ones will be added to fit each new rtr.

Lets keep in mind that Traxxas has an excellent marketing plan! And adding the words "Race-ready" to their products sells!! Mission accomplished.

If Traxxas was serious about being a "racer's" brand you would have already seen a 1/8 truggy and buggy in both Nitro and Electric in their line-up. Instead, thats where Losi, Team Associated, Mugen, Xray etc. com into play. Traxxas has always prided itself on providing great RTR's, especially some that are "race ready." The only real racer they have is the Slash and Slash 4x4, which Traxxas basically forced a class of racing upon the country/world.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    Why would there be a new class?? It is a Q class boat, already have class for it, Q Mono and Q Offshore. It would run in that class Rules are moving to lessen numbers of classes so I doubt many new ones will be added to fit each new rtr.
    They thought about lessening classes when the traxxas slash hit the market too....:) remember there was a 2wd stadium truck class when it came to the market too.......... and it still opened up a whole new segment, and helped alot of people get into the hobby who may have never looked into r/c before...

my 39" mono has a $400 hv 240 just for the esc..... this is a whole 50mph mono rtr for $400.... I think we should all cut traxxas a little slack here, tell me if I'm out of line but shouldn't we be thrilled that maybe traxxas could be helping the FE boating hobby? Traxxas has the largest and best marketing campaign of any other r/c company barnone....period, they have put r/c stuff in front of more peoples faces then any other company in the modern day, ....so lets be Happy I think this is really a great thing!!!

You can not try to compare ROAR and NAMBA or IMPBA You will never see a ROAR race that encompasses all of the electric classes that ROAR has, NAMBA does, We have several races that include every electric class offered, When a boat fits an exsisting class why would we make another class for only that boat, be it this one or any other that comes along?? The UL-1 Fits in to P- Limited and P sport hydros and thats where they are ran, not in their own special class. IMO this is a Q boat and thats where it should be raced if someone chooses to race it. The class is already in place.

I used to race 1/10 scale pan carpet cars all over my area up here in New England.... raced them for 20 years on/off..... finally I gave it up all together, I got sick of the people who took the hobby to serious... a few of the guys would get all uptight and start getting "ticked" off and even swear words were being thrown around our track..... people just being WAY to competitive..... (remember we are adults and when there are kids around my tolerance level is ZERO. I had as much invested in equipment as anyone at our track.... (4) competition electronics turbo 35 gfx's, 3 ksg's, had $250 invested in the back axles of my pan cars as they were Niftech fully balanced setups..... and still when the "new" kid bumped me or someone used poor track manners... I never once got frustrated and threw stuff or tossed nasty words around.... I was there to relax on my day off... I was there to have FUN and if I won the A main great....if I didn't oh well I still had fun. I think this boat is about fun..... its about getting back to the basics of what these boats are meant to offer...... One of the reasons I got into boats was because on a nice day out of the office I'm not locked up in a barn at a carpet racetrack... I'm outside in the sun, by the water, relaxing and doing what makes me happy, and looking at this boat its gonna make alot of people happy... I think this boat will be purchased by the masses.... and if as many people buy these as they do the slash they will start a new class..... lets just all let be what will be and watch as like I said before, when a company as large as TRAXXAS jumps in with a boat like this one.... electric juice and all, jumps into the game its only gonna be good for all of us

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast