Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Traxxas Mono!

IF it was the hydra ICE controller under the hatch that would explain why they wouldn't show it in the vid.
    Team Liquid Dash

they are punks for not showing us
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Put a nice motor in a Bleach bottle and its still a Bleach bottle.
    Nortavlag Bulc

And Ray,,,you are basing your comment on what insider information you have and the rest of the world doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    Put a nice motor in a Bleach bottle and its still a Bleach bottle.
    don't buy it...
    hey if this bottle can do 50mph then heck ya!
    traxxas stands behind what they sell, and they sell more rtr than anyone else, so it should be good
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I am in no way a sport runner in my eyes I'd rather watch paint dry then just sport run, If traxxas is not Trying to go after racers market why does nearly every product they sell claim to be "RACE READY" I guess it would be your problem if its not going to fit somewhere, IMO I think they would have expanded their market with a good RTR that fit within a class that it could be competative in, was my point. But it still looks like a nice hull.

Is it ABS or Glass? Looks to be ABS.

Wow! Gonna have to open a Traxxas section in the forum now. I'm bettin a new traxxas motor/esc combo. I would think a castle motor/speed control would put this model well over 400-bucks! I might have to cancel my order for the ekos P-1 from tower. This one will probably be out before the P-1 anyway!

Who cares imo if this fits a race class....
    Only just a few who buy Traxxas actually race, and this sucker will sell great..
    I for one will buy it and have lots of fun out at the lake..
    We don't need to be in a race class to have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Only just a few who buy Traxxas actually race, and this suck will sell great..
    !!!!!!!! DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only just a few who buy Traxxas actually race, and this sucker will sell great..
    this coming from a person that said he wants to race and win!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    Your Kidding Right????

who said I was going to race this rtr?
    and racing is not about winning its about having fun with your friends!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    !!!!!!!! DITTO !!!!!!!!!!!!!::
    right on man!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Wow! Gonna have to open a Traxxas section in the forum now. I'm bettin a new traxxas motor/esc combo. I would think a castle motor/speed control would put this model well over 400-bucks! I might have to cancel my order for the ekos P-1 from tower. This one will probably be out before the P-1 anyway!
    Agreed..
    It would be sweet if they could for that price though

I never said you were gonna race this particular boat.

I do agree that they should have built a boat that is a class legal boat in the more popular 4s classes. Like the UL1 its a great sport boat and also very capable race boat.

GOOD IN THEORY, Right up to the start gun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    GOOD IN THEORY, Right up to the start gun!!::
    Should be that way all day long at the lake!
    if people are idiots right after the start, they should find something else to do and get a life
    big reason why some choose not to race, is because of the idots who take it to serious and ruin it for everyone

I never said you were gonna race this particular boat.

I do agree that they should have built a boat that is a class legal boat in the more popular 4s classes. Like the UL1 its a great sport boat and also very capable race boat.
    their market is for a lot of people and not taylored to just the race crowed..
    It would be cool thought if it did fit in a class we have already, but then again Traxxas created many race classes we have today with their trucks
    who knows, if a lot of people buy them and I know they will, clubs could easily start a new class for this hull
    cheap way to get into racing with this size of hull

Sorry but I don't buy that I don't race to win. It's like playing sports and not keeping score.

My two pennies worth!

If you look at History you may see my point, AQ announced the UL-1 Built to NAMBA P- Class race specs, Then before it was released they put it in to Brian Buuas Hands, BTW he is a racer, He tested and pushed it, and allowed what he found that could be done with one to be known, It's now it one of the most sold and raced boats, IMO if you think sport runners are not watching and buying what is being raced you're making a mistake. And the Man who designed it is also a NAMBA racer.

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    Sorry but I don't buy that I don't race to win. It's like playing sports and not keeping score.

My two pennies worth!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromaniac View Post
    If you look at History you may see my point, AQ announced the UL-1 Built to NAMBA P- Class race specs, Then before it was released they put it in to Brian Buuas Hands, BTW he is a racer, He tested and pushed it, and allowed what he found that could be done with one to be known, It's now it one of the most sold and raced boats, IMO if you think sport runners are not watching and buying what is being raced you're making a mistake. And the Man who designed it is also a NAMBA racer.
    Who said this boat was not race worthy but you....?

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post

My two pennies worth!
    And this hull could do very well!

I am racer and a sport runner when I am not racing and running my boats I call it test and tune

yes it could but its a Q class boat in size there is not a single Q class mono in our club at all. and probably very few in other clubs to.

A 36 inch hull is a Q and up boat, They state 50 MPH on a 6s set up which is Q, power Sorry but 50 is not goin to cut it in Q,S&T classes. The Hull looks great and I agree, it looks like a nice boat. But to make this RTR hull raceable there are other hulls that could be just as nice for less money in the long run.

I am happy to see such a large company ditch its geared running system and deplorable steerable outdrive system. With the continual high winds experienced in Florida for the past 6 months, the size of this direct drive boat will make it a great club boat available at a reasonable price with parts and warranty guaranteed. The hull might not be state of the art but should handle a rough chop AND provide many hours of high quality entertainment. What else matters? Thanks for your time. BG

Glad to see all the "experts" condemming the performance of the boat already....they must have had advanced trial runs with it to make theses statements.

I race with some experts up here on occasion and quite often their boats are pushed to hard and end up on their backs....fastest does not always win the race....but I guess that thought never occured to anyone.

Oh well......

Wow, It'a friggin rtr. Not a purpose built race machine. Don't buy it if you dont like it. Trust me, Traxxas knows how to market their product, and the WILL sell a TON. Guess what, they'll stock replacement parts and give excellent customer service as well!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast