Thread: Miss Elam & lipo size ?

Default Miss Elam & lipo size ?

I was thinking about getting a BL 1/12 Miss Elam. I looked at one today at the LHS. The battery area looks a little small. Does anyone know if the Turnigy 40c 2s 5000 will fit, if not what size lipo will fit ?.

Mike,
    Check out this build thread by Darin Jordan, see post # 121 for battery info.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=miss+elam
    Hugh

i would check out a bunch of threads about that boat. i have one and had to make several modifications, one major one was the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by hebner View Post
    Mike,
    Check out this build thread by Darin Jordan, see post # 121 for battery info.
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ight=miss+elam
    Hugh
    He says 4500 is the largest that will fit . I was hoping my turnigy 5000's would fit . Since i, have 4 of them.

I fit my 5200 40c smc hard case li-po's in my Elam. I had to cut off the magnets that hold th hatch on though.

Most battery dealers are providing the measurements of the batteries. once you get the boat measure the area and get the largest capacity that will fit. A lot has changed in the batteries since Darin did that thread last year
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Quote Originally Posted by spinner View Post
    I fit my 5200 40c smc hard case li-po's in my Elam. I had to cut off the magnets that hold th hatch on though.
    I was able to fit 5000mah 40C ThunderPowers hard case packs in mine, but I had to trim away the rear magnets as well as most of the recess that holds the hatch in place. They can fit, however...

For racing... I don't think that much pack is anywhere near necessary, if you are using 40C or better packs... A 6-lap, 1-mile race heat usually doesn't use more than 2500mah tops...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I'm using a set of Pro Tek 4000 25c packs that are the same round shape as a stick pack. They do not require any trimming.

I run 5000 45C Thunderpower packs in my Miss Elam. I trimmed a 1/4" section that sticks up on the wood stringer, trimmed the excess epoxy off the bottom of the magnets and the fit in easy but snug. All magnets in tact.

Photos taken with my new HTC EVO 4G Phone... Pretty nice pics!
    Last edited by bdmridgeback; 06-14-2010 at 12:16 AM.