Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JAE21 GE P-Spec

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Bourlet View Post
    Thanks Doug, so you only added cup? BTW I just finished my gage. I built one with a dial indicator. It was actually rather easy to build. I did find that I had to modify it to get repeatable readings though. The standard way the guys build them cause the ball on the dial indicator to get in the way and mess up the readings. I added a pointer that gets rid of the problem. If you have access to a lathe I can send you pictures of the one I made. You could probably do it with just a drill press.
    No sir I added pitch also, just edited the post. Sorry.

I'd like to see some pics for sure. Please send them to smockrc@bellsouth.net.

Thanks,
    Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Hey Guys... I saw Eric's pitch gauge this weekend. Nicely done. It basically looks like the pic I attached, but it's larger scale and with some features that make it more user friendly. Hopefully he'll post some pics so you can see. He does nice work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I started a new thread titled My Pitch Gage in the Boat Building Tips section.
    It has a link to the original article from T-Mod racing and an explanation of what I changed to make it work better for me along with this link http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Pitch%20Gage/ to photos of the one I built. Thanks Mike from T-Mod Racing for the original article I based mine on.
    Last edited by Eric Bourlet; 05-26-2010 at 06:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12