Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not warrantying a new boat?

I just emailed Chris from Venom support to see what the story is on this.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

not sure if I agree wit this about being new, or wild success?
    Venom has been around for a bit, and most items they no longer have, and they seem to only stock a few items.. and alot of there stuff does not sell well
    and I think the biggest reason is they over price things, and that does not sell well..
    specially when you can get the same items cheaper somewhere else..
    like even the gas kos hop up motor was $500 at venom and the same motor at DDM is only $250
    and lipo chargers, one was $150 and the same charge without the green and venom on it is $50 elsewhere
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

hey gilligan, i have to totally disagree with you. VENOM is no more than a heavy importer of low grade products who spends more time and money on twisting their marketing schemes to mislead the consumer than they do on quality assurance, customer service or quality parts. they have always been this way and sadly it appears they always will. after-all it is difficult to find factory workers in the states who are willing to work for $1.75/hour. but one of the biggest problems is that these overseas factories can and quite often do stop production on a particular product at their own discretion.

well anyhow VENOM is sending my esc's back to me and will send new motors when they get them in.

In regards to claims that the motor screws have caused motors to fail here are some measurements to consider;
    Screw is specified as M3X12mm, thread engagement range in motor 3.5-5mm
    Depth or distance to motor windings = 7.56mm average
    Thickness of motor mount = 6.97-7.0mm
    Total = 14.53mm
    Screw length = 12mm specified, 11.95 or so as measured
    So there is well over 2mm (approx. 2.53mm) of clearance before interference and shorting the windings as specified for production.
    We are looking into whether or not our motor screw supply could have been changed or mixed up.
    If you have a motor which you believe was shorted due to contact with a motor screw then we need you to send it in with the motor screws. We have shipped a rush order of motors to cope with the current run of bad motors and we will have those on hand next week. If you have motors reserved for you they should be going out next week.

About warranties; We create a customer file for each person and the file contains your info and the product info. The date of purchase is recorded and our warranty history is tracked and is applied as it is related per item, per instance. Beyond that if you have any more questions please contact our Customer Service Department and they can explain any details you would like to know.

Best regards,
    Chris Nicastro
    Venom R&D
    VENOM RACING R&D

Chris thanks for responding to the issues and an update on the motor replacements.
    It seems for now we can put this one to bed. For now I'm closing this thread.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12