Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EKOS C1 Dual Motor Upgrade!

Tom
    Thank you for the details of your clear inner hatch. It appears that it causes a slightly higher than a flush fit. Is there any more or less water intrusion with your set up?

On my EKOS there are two pins in the front of the canopy and two magnets on each corner of the rear that are provided by the factory to keep it in place, but they provide no seal what so ever, so tape is mandatory to keep the water out.

I think I can find a very thin piece of clear plastic sheet to fit under the pins, so that shouldn't be an issue. I am thinking of replacing the magnets with push locks on each of the two rear corners to keep better pressure on the sealing areas. I thought about forming as gasket around the lip of the opening which would really help. The EKOS canopies are famous for warping in different temperature conditions. I fount that it helps reduce this tendency if you keep in on the boat and by putting some weigh on it while it is not in use.

With two 3 cells in my boat, the rear lip of the canopy is just a few hairs from the water line. I have a set of 4 cells that may put that area underwater when the boat is not moving. So, a good seal is critical.

Thank you
    Boomer

Hey Tomik78 who makes those props?

[QUOTE=FighterCat57;180076]Just a base, but I put the GPS on it and with a 2-3" chop hit 38.8 on 3s with 31 minutes of run time... Didn't feel any heat at all when I popped the top afterwards, so I think 4s will do just fine and pick up about 10k RPM. It's rated to 18v, so might even try 5s.

I'd change to collets if you go 4s or 5s. Those couplers wouldn't hold the drives on mine when I went up to 4s with 40mm props, with 2800kv motors. That thing will scream on 4s or 5s.
    This is my old EKOS on 2800kv motors but they're only 28mm diameter motors. 50mph on 4s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2-HVA_7V28

Well I was able to get some running in this past weekend. I was able to have the boat log a top speed
    of 58 mph on my radar gun! I know I would have broke threw the 60mph mark . If my friend had been
    able to register the boat with the gun on the first passes, when the batts were at their peak. The 58mph
    was the last pass on those batts. My setup is a little different then the setups I've seen for the EKOS.
    High voltage was the route I took, 2190kv motors, 6s two 3s 3800mah 50c packs in series. The props
    were 442's that are sharpened/balanced, they still need to be detounged tho.
    Temps were motors were in the low 80's, esc's were in the low 90's, and the batts were in the 100-110
    range. Bout time I started seeing some results!!!

Any opinions on the accuracy or inaccuracy of using a radar gun would be appreciated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123