Thread: Rio wants to roll over on it's back

Default Rio wants to roll over on it's back

I just changed the electronics over in my rio from the stock stuff to a Tekin RS with a Novak 10.5 (wanted brushless, but didn't have the money to buy a new speedo/motor so i ripped it out of my T4 :) ), Y534 prop and a 20C, 2s Orion 3200 Lipo. Now when i get on the throttle it takes a few seconds for the boat to step up, then when it does it wants to roll to the right pretty bad. So bad in fact that it flipped over on it's back once and i had to go fishing for it I tried messing with the right and left trim tabs, and that seemed to work a little but i was pretty much guessing which way to bend them :) Any advise would be awesume!

Hey, I'm fairly new to this myself, I have a rio ep and put a traxxas velineon 3s. Only used a 7.4 volt lipo battery, and had the same problem. I moved the esc to the left side, and made some trim tabs that were about twice as long, problem seems to be solved. Still rolls with an 11.1 volt, but with a little fancy steering, it just rips! I will try a gps soon and try to post the results.
    Thought I would pass along what worked for me.

Hey, I'm fairly new to this myself, I have a rio ep and put a traxxas velineon 3s. Only used a 7.4 volt lipo battery, and had the same problem. I moved the esc to the left side, and made some trim tabs that were about twice as long, problem seems to be solved. Still rolls with an 11.1 volt, but with a little fancy steering, it just rips! I will try a gps soon and try to post the results.
    Thought I would pass along what worked for me.

I would LOVE to see a video of the RIO EP running a velineon system!

VIDEO! VIDEO!

I will try to post one running that system. Runs great with that setup.
    I might have a guy buying it from me, but should still be able to get a vid.