Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
I too run in salt water here in the USVI and never had issues with paint bubbling. That's in 80 degrees all year round. I wash my boat after every use. I also blow fresh water thru the jackets for about a minute each. And use a mist bottle in side the hatch to get any salt residue off batteries etc. Pretty much these boats handle pretty good in kays or calm days at the harbour. We have just as much glassy salt water lagoons as fresh water lagoons just gave to clean a bit more. Also Johnson marine grease. Great for salt water applications And last along time. Just waiting on better shafts and couplers and speed prop screws then it's back to running at the lagoon against the nitro and gas guys. I'm the only FE out there and still hold my own. Sucks that u maybe need 3 sets of lipos with 15 -20 cool down. To be able to make a day of it cause waiting 45 minutes per battery sucks on 3s 20c 4000mah. Looking at maybe another set or 4s 3500. Till motors die and it's time to buy xl's with turnigy 120A or higher for the future. Looking to run 6s eventually but for boat drag races and 4s for recreational purposes.
Wait until you see how your boat performs with xl's on 4s, its a whole different boat! 6s is over the top and asking for trouble in my opinion.