Thread: EKOS Motor Mounts

Default EKOS Motor Mounts

Is it just me or are the hex screws for the motor mount a little difficult to get to?

Using a ball end hex seems to help, but there's got to be an easier way.
    ________
    F300
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

Many of us use an allen to loosen or tighten. Then we use a flex driver with a bit. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just let me know and I'll try to post a picture for you.

Hope this helps.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Here's a link to something so that you know what I'm talking about: http://www.wescotools.com/p-8777-14-...nius-tool.aspx

At Norther Tool and Equipment or Harbor Frieght, they have a kit with a driver and allen bits. I can't remember where I found it. If you already have the bits, then I seem to remember Sears have a flexible extension that had a magnetic end so you don't loose the bit you're working with.

In any case, I'd recommend finding one with a magnetic end. It will make your life much easier.

Another tool I use as well as others, is a Chapman tool. There's tons of variations on this tool, but it allows you to put a lot of force on a small allen bit and also ratchets. Only issue is, you have to have enough clearance in the area you are working in so that you can swing it back and forth. Hopefully that made sense.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Found it! Here's the thread: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=13703

Look at post #8

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Welcome to the forum!

Many of us use an allen to loosen or tighten. Then we use a flex driver with a bit. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just let me know and I'll try to post a picture for you.

Hope this helps.
    Hi & Thanks!

I have the Home Depot 4mm kit, but never thought to use it with a 1/4 socket wrench before. Basically a 4mm socket with the 4mm hex bit to 1.5/2/2.5 as needed. That'll help for sure.

I'll keep my eyes out for the 4mm flex shaft extension sold separately. Although for 7.99, it might just be easier to pick up the full set from HF.
    ________
    New Mexico Dispensary
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 09:30 PM.

I think I may have found something here!

https://www.all-spec.com/products/SPT8000-A.html

I don't know what the bits are, but might be able to find a 1/4" drive 2.5mm hex if it doesn't have one already.
    ________
    Dodge Ev Specifications
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 02-14-2011 at 10:49 PM.