Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad to Say

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    you rock!

hmmm, I see that the water pick-up has been moved...
    oh say, Mike, about that new motor...if one should for some reason need to replace a connector...are we going to have the same problems soldering them as we did w/ the original motor?
    Still waiting for my boat to come in.it came in

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Just for you Mike.

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14895
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

very cool, it's like a SV with all the upgrades people want!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Change is the one Constant

.NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

- Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Thanks Steve dude..

Hull is the same except for a tic more cloth and the use of bulker in the transom now and not ply.

Grim

Is it actually a totally different motor, or just a gold anodized can? Is the hull exactly the same? I'd like to see them ditch the radio box and relocate the antenna.

The tactic doesn't have an antenna though....

I am not really sure i get the big companys. traxxas did something simalar with there low priced Bandit, put a few bells and wistles on it and jacked the price a ton, in hard times like this?. I am sure the SV was selling like mad at 239 but, even though I like the number since its my Bday 329 seems high. but thats just me being a cheapo.. heheh i will stil prob grab one first chance i get.

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    The tactic doesn't have an antenna though....
    lol, oops. I run tactics, I should've been on that one! I just saw the nip in the radio box and forgot about it being 2.4ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Is it actually a totally different motor, or just a gold anodized can? Is the hull exactly the same? I'd like to see them ditch the radio box and relocate the antenna.
    New motor bro!
    and the hull is the same with extra glass and more reinforcement at the back of the hull

Is the esc lipo ready?

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    Is the esc lipo ready?
    No...

Lets talk about the new boat

The hull is the same design. (ya just gota love the level playing field that boat makes) The glass however is thicker and the wood transom has been removed and replaced with bulker then glass over that.

Three fingers in the air (I promise this will be the last boat with the black box)

The motor is a new 1800 KV built like our 2030. (REX) the wires are easy to solder.

I will bring one next weekend to the badger race.. you coming? we are running P Spec Sport!

We put on the new water jacket and installed our trusty Tactic radio system.

The ESC is the same as the old with a new water jacket on it.

We installed a port side turn fin and removed the battery locating wood parts.

Price goes up with the radio.. water jackets and port side fin.. along with a few other things.

ALSO.. it was IMPORTANT at least to me that the clubs that are running a SV class have LIKE boats and not some (blow em away new setup)

Place in some batts, a Grimracer 42X55 prop and have at it!

LETS RACE!

Grim

I think the price is very fair

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12