Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad to Say

Unhappy Sad to Say

Looks like the SV27 is being discontinued by Aquacraft hopefully the are upgrading it but they won't say I set them a email and this was there reply.

Thank you for your recent email.
    Unfortunately, we do not have any information on a replacement SV27 at this time.

Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. (Please be sure to copy all previous emails into any future questions.) You can also reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

We are asking all of our customers to evaluate our service. Please tell us how we did on your most recent contact with Product Support. Please take a minute and click on the link to complete a brief survey. This information will be used to improve our customer service. Thank you.
    http://www.hobbico.com/surveys/produ...ort-survey.php
    Only one customer feedback survey may be submitted per day. Please submit your survey within seven days.

Thanks Again,
    Lisa M.
    Product Support Technician
    PS9010
    NO AUTORESPONDER

>>> "Brad Peters" <wizard122@msn.com> 4/22/2010 11:07 PM >>>

I am waiting patiently for the new Cat to come out and I hear through the grape vine that the SV27 is to be discounted.
    Please tell me this is not true or you are coming out with a better version of this boat I love mine and want to get my son one too.
    Last edited by wizard122; 04-24-2010 at 11:43 AM.

"This email is personal and confidential. It may not be copied in part or in whole other than in a reply to the sender. Copying this email to other emails or public forums is not permitted."

IMPBA 20481S D-12

Lol
    Team Liquid Dash

Hmm , why would they discontinue one of the most popular R/C boats on the water ?

Maybe a revamped model coming out with better cooling and a 2.4Ghz radio outta the box ?

I hope so

Ya, they diso this boat a few weeks ago I think?
    I own 4 of them..
    I hope they put in the new motor and esc that is going into the new Cat!
    and the 2.4g radio
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I hearrd accidently (from areputable source) that the new version will have 2.4, etc. I haven't been able to confirm it, and the subject was quickly changed.

I hope the new version has a litte more glass in the sides!

it for sure will have the Tactic radio like the other boats they sell, this I know..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Tower has it listed as discontinued... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMDJ4**&P=7
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Tower has it listed as discontinued... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXMDJ4**&P=7
    i must have got one of the last one's, i paid 209.00 shipped from tower , a few weeks ago

very possible Driggs

They'll definitely have another "updated" version. SV27 classes are the most populated classes in many clubs. Our club has run 2 flights of every heat for a couple years now.
    It would be a mistake to not continue to capitalize on that popularity, and the guys I've met from AC over the years are smart and in touch with the FE community. They may delay the new vee boat to make sales room for the cat, but I'm confident they won't abandon the fans and supporters of the SV27.
    It's fun to speculate though...it may go the path of the TopSpeed, TopSpeed2, VS-1 progression.
    I don't think the current Rio boats are meant to be the replacement for the SV, but maybe a Rio27? I'd try one if it's as good a value as the SV27. I think that hull looks great.

Hum.. we are?

How about that.. we are.

I REALY hope a new version of the boat comes out early summer.. with the ever trusty Tactic radio and new better motor and cool black hardware and port side turn fin and new water jacket on the ESC.. maybe even a nice little tow hook on the front would be nice..... that would be cool.....

Hum.. discontinued.. how about that...

Grim

Quote Originally Posted by Ctonez View Post
    SV27 classes are the most populated classes in many clubs. Our club has run 2 flights of every heat for a couple years now.
    :
    They were never popular here a few people bought them and ran them for a season then they put them on the shelf, I have not seen one since, that was over 2 years ago. I never even bought one.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimracer View Post
    Hum.. we are?

How about that.. we are.

I REALY hope a new version of the boat comes out early summer.. with the ever trusty Tactic radio and new better motor and cool black hardware and port side turn fin and new water jacket on the ESC.. maybe even a nice little tow hook on the front would be nice..... that would be cool.....

Grim
    O my O my, that sounds amazing. I'm smiling just thinking about it, these words have made my day (true or false it still sounds GREAT)
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Hum.. we are?

How about that.. we are.

Grim

OHHH MAN!

Life can be good

Aww Jeepers , you don't remember mine ? You don't remember me beating your Neu powered what ? Dark Horse mono. LOL I'll have Rod remind you :-) ( your not that easy to get the start on now )
    There wasn't a class then . But they started P spec racing . I even had one with a brushed 700 in it for LSO .

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    They were never popular here a few people bought them and ran them for a season then they put them on the shelf, I have not seen one since, that was over 2 years ago. I never even bought one.

Love it or hate it,,,one thing you can't deny is that the SV is the "VW Beetle" of FE boating, ,,,,,well priced, good performance and it caught on quickly .....makes you wonder if FE would have been as popular as it is if it never existed.

I have had several and my last one still gets run regularly.

Might even get a new one when they come out.....I'll always have at least one in my fleet.

Hum.. we are?

How about that.. we are.

Grim
    And there you go , right from the MAN himself ! I am sure if Auquacraft can bring it out at the same price point or close too the original it will be a big hit also .

Too bad I already have an SV27 with an Ammo 2600Kv motor and a Sorwdfish 120 amp ESC in it turning a Grim Racer 42-55 balanced and sharpened prop . Yeah , its fast

Hum.. we are?

How about that.. we are.

Grim
    You rock!
    Thanks Grim!

Quote Originally Posted by WetBehindTheEars View Post
    And there you go , right from the MAN himself ! I am sure if Auquacraft can bring it out at the same price point or close too the original it will be a big hit also .

Too bad I already have an SV27 with an Ammo 2600Kv motor and a Sorwdfish 120 amp ESC in it turning a Grim Racer 42-55 balanced and sharpened prop . Yeah , its fast
    Got any vid or gps readings? I would too see how it handels. I like ul power in my SV (click link in signature) I run 45-47 all day with a little negative trim on the tabs.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

A new better motor? That could be interesting. Not that the original 6 pole was junk. Maybe a new spec class is a coming?

John
    Change is the one Constant

Default Eta

So, what does early summer mean for all of us that are itching to buy the new one? Hopefully soon!
    Jesse

Quote Originally Posted by m4a1usr View Post
    A new better motor? That could be interesting. Not that the original 6 pole was junk. Maybe a new spec class is a coming?

John
    my guess is the new motor that is coming in the new Cat!
    but the UL-1 motor would rock to

Typical GP...discontinue something without its replacement ready to roll...no wonder they play second fiddle to Horizon in nearly every aspect of the hobby industry. Although I think they rule the boat side...makes me think they would want to keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    Typical GP...discontinue something without its replacement ready to roll...no wonder they play second fiddle to Horizon in nearly every aspect of the hobby industry. Although I think they rule the boat side...makes me think they would want to keep that up.
    they need to get rid of the old, wait a few months then bring in the new!

Quote Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
    I'd prob imagine the new one is close to ready to roll, like bl55 said, you have to let the old sv stock pile diminish first before introducing the new one. If they would release it now it would drive the old sv price down very low and sales for the old might out rise the new. When it comes to boats let AQ do their thing, because it's im sure its going to be a great product.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Any changes to the hull itself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast