Thread: My take on Brushless Mini C Cat Racing

Default My take on Brushless Mini C Cat Racing

I've never done this before. Put all new gear in a boat and actually filmed the first run. And it actually turned out. 3800kv motor, Quark 33 esc, Mini Cat Racing hardware, 27mm prop, Tactic Radio. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i1iNpwUzU4

nice run man! its pretty cool when the maiden voyage turns out this good! ummm you might invest in a tripod... Otherwise great vid. (your daughter has not called me @ the vid from when you were down...)
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Actually I have a tripod, just need to find it next time I try videoing. Here's a couple of pics too of the inards and running gear.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here's a short run with a water cooled Scorpion Esc 35A. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kK65KRXrNlI Runs really well but likes to flip easily

Great run, inspires me to get my lil guy goin. Where did you get that motor/esc?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I decided to pull mine off the shelf and ordered some parts yesterday. It looks like you've got a pretty hot setup. That thing rips! Your build is good inspiration for me to get mine back on the water. Do you know what it weighs? I never weighed mine.
    Sixty percent of the time, It works, Everytime!

Hey Jesse, The motor in this boat is an EMP E450/06 3800kv heli hybrid motor. It is an outrunner in a can. I got it at Abell Hobby in Billings. I have a 3500kv version of this I'm thinking of trying in this boat. They're about $30. The Scorpion 35a water cooled esc I got off of ebay over a year ago. I don't remember where, but I do like it. Didn't used to, it can a little quirky sometimes, but it hardly ever even gets warm. It's made by the company that makes Scorpion outrunners.

Jfabcustom, I haven't weighed mine but will see what I can do. I appreciate your comments. I read all of your thread before I ever started mine and it really helped alot. I'm not sure what the answer to the rudder on this is yet. It is still pretty squirlly on the corners. I've tried moving mine back to be even with the prop, but it seemed to be worse. I've wondered about using a longer one. Look forward to viewing your new build.