Thread: Lipo's in fridge? Doesn't that violate the 20 degree temperature change rule?

Question Lipo's in fridge? Doesn't that violate the 20 degree temperature change rule?

I've read that some people store their Lipo's in the refrigerator for long term storing. Soon I'll be going on a camping trip and may not bring the boat/lipo's becuase of not having a cool enough place to store them (I'd have to leave them in the car when not in use).

Then I thought well I could always buy a cooler with a sandwich net in the top and store them there (of course w/ extra caution to not drop them in icy water. Then I thought well that will violate the 20 degree change in temperature rule...

So how does one store lipo's in the refrigerator without violating said rule?
    - I'm new, and promise to pay forward all help received

I have never stored lipo in a fridge, where I live summer temps are regularly over 110 deg F and have had no problems. I actually heat my lipo in the cooler months before I use them. They will not be damaged by taking on your trip so take a boat a heap of packs and have some fun!!

Maybe they store them in a British fridge, the same kind they use to keep their beer pee warm :)

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Up here in the Great White North, the pond was frozen for 5 months so I tried putting my lipo's in the fridge at half charge. I checked the voltage once a month and when spring finally arrived none of the packs had lost even a 1/10th of a volt.
    Some of the packs were within a 1/100th of a volt. Thought that was pretty amazing.
    I let the packs sit for about a week before charging them and they all seem fine.
    With my nihm packs I kept them topped up but it's always a struggle to get them back to full capacity after sitting so long.
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.