Thread: SV-27 Motor Bad ?

Default SV-27 Motor Bad ?

Hi, I bought a used Brushless SV-27 last year and had a lot of fun with it. The last time I used it, last fall ( I live in Wisconsin ) it seemed a lot less responsive and slower than before. I haven't used it yet this year, but I noticed that I can easily turn the motor by turning the prop. When I first bought it I could barely turn the motor by turning the prop.
    Has the motor had it ?
    It is the stock SV-27 motor.
    Thanks for any help.

Its probably a goner.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

If anyone is selling a used but in good condition stock motor I would be interested.

Check the swap shop, their always SV stuff getting sold. If not change the motor, Ammo 2300 you can keep the same esc. I run ul-1 power is my SV, perfect power setup imo...
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I would prefer to go with the stock motor. It's plenty fast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by larryk View Post
    Hi, I bought a used Brushless SV-27 last year and had a lot of fun with it. The last time I used it, last fall ( I live in Wisconsin ) it seemed a lot less responsive and slower than before. I haven't used it yet this year, but I noticed that I can easily turn the motor by turning the prop. When I first bought it I could barely turn the motor by turning the prop.
    Has the motor had it ?
    It is the stock SV-27 motor.
    Thanks for any help.
    Are you sure that the motor is spinning when you are turning the prop by hand? That stock motor is a strong bugger! Could your coupler have become loose from the motor shaft or maybe its not clamping hard on to the flex shaft? Motors have to become pretty hot to demagnitize.

John
    Change is the one Constant

Everything was sucure. I ordered a new motor and coupler today. I should be set to go.
    Thanks for the help.