Thread: Interference makes motor run

Default Interference makes motor run

I have two SV27s (Orange & White) and was using them the other day when I noticed the motor would start running on it's own. This happened on both SV27s. The transmitters were on but nobody was touching them. There were no other RC boats on the lake. But there are a lot of houses nearby. Are these boats susceptible to interference like this? Is it difficult the upgrade to 2.4GHz?

--Scott

Did you try turning down the throttle trims a little also if TX's where very close to each other and antennas where down that would do it too

If you are thinking about 2.4 GHZ use one of these http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXMV5&P=SM its worth the extra cash the Tantic is very limited no model memory and very few adjustments
    this one works great too http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM3160 with this RX http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=SPMMR3000
    The dx 2 has problems with stock ESC good luck once you buy a good radio it will last for years the Futaba fm I use is 5 years old and the KO propo is 11 years old all still work perfect

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    I have two SV27s (Orange & White) and was using them the other day when I noticed the motor would start running on it's own. This happened on both SV27s. The transmitters were on but nobody was touching them. There were no other RC boats on the lake. But there are a lot of houses nearby. Are these boats susceptible to interference like this? Is it difficult the upgrade to 2.4GHz?

--Scott
    I use the tactic 2.4 in my Sv (same riadio used in a RIO EP or UL-1) and I love it. Boat respondes so much better. Takes 2ms to install, plus with this radio you can get rid of that antenna and plug the cowl hole. (this 2.4 doesnt use antenna some do)
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

If I switch to something like Tactic, Futaba or Spektrum can I keep the same servo and ESC? One post mentioned that DX2 didn't work well with the stock ESC.

Quote Originally Posted by scott216 View Post
    If I switch to something like Tactic, Futaba or Spektrum can I keep the same servo and ESC? One post mentioned that DX2 didn't work well with the stock ESC.
    Tactic works without changing anything other then reciever. Huge upgrade over the stock, you'll find better control and better response from the boat.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Tactic works without changing anything other then reciever. Huge upgrade over the stock, you'll find better control and better response from the boat.
    All from the Tactic radio? Sweet!
    I am wanting to do more testing on my SV on 5s but keep having radio issues.
    looks like I will try one of my extra 2.4g Tactic radios
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s