Thread: My WidowMaker 22 Experience

Default My WidowMaker 22 Experience

Got my son (11) this boat for Xmas after he saw it on youtube and fell in love with it! We finally got to run it yesterday now that the weather is nice. We ran it with a venom 2S 7.4v 5000mah Lipo. On the first run (lasted about 2min) the porpoising was bad brought it in to adjust and noticed it was full of water?? Drained the water adjusted the strut and sent it back out the porpoising was better after about 5min the prop broke... was able to get back to shore full of water and broken prop!Got it home and ordered a Octura 435 3 for it. I found that the cooling system on the motor was the cause of the water in the boat. Both the nipples on the motor leaked fixed that with a small amount of teflon tape. Then I found the seal around water cooling jacket on the motor was also leaking fixed that with some epoxy.Can't wait for the new prop to come in and run it again!!

Ya, I had the same water leaking problem too. Has been fine since I sealed it up. You'll love the 435 3 blade prop. It made a HUGE improvement in mine. Add some extra flotation to the boat too. Almost lost mine. A little extra CA around the cowl magnet is a good idea as well. Mine broke off after not too long. Once you get it dialed in for strut angle, make sure to mark it well so you don't spend another few runs searching for that sweet spot.

what controller are you using to run the boat its not the standard one that came with the boat noticed you had a long antenna on it ?

hey guys! new to OSE but been reading threads for a long time. I've got the Widowmaker, this will be my 3rd season with it. Can never get the strut adjustment on it right. I've got several vids of it running on youtube, just type in Rezrider2 and my vids should pop up. 355 Camaro. You seem to have the bounsing under controll for the most part on your boat. Pls tell us how. Thanks!