Thread: Salt Water?

Default Salt Water?

I'm going to be on a salt water lake in Nova Scotia this summer. How do the SV boats hold up in salt water? I'm concerned about corrosion of the non-stainless steel parts.

--Scott

I posted a similar question about running in salt water. Responses ranged from "are you crazy?" to "I do it all the time, just be sure to rinse the equipment off well". I concluded that running in salt water would probably be ok, but if you capsized the boat and ripped off the canopy and had water intrusion, it might not bode well... so be sure it is water tight and take it easy...

-Chief

Yes

Your not going to want any of the salt water to get within the boat to its inards.

Running it will be fine as long as you flush the cooling system with fresh water
    and wipe it down with fresh water as well.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Hey the lake near to me is open to the ocean so i literally run in salt water all the time, not counting when i go to the Caribbean so what i did was to first- got my battery packs into a bike inner tube and seal with CA glue and shrink wrap with some silicone around the wires, had some problems with the boat flipping and batteries shorting.second, lots of fresh water flushing and drying with a blow dryer, with lots of WD40 lots of it
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2