Thread: A credit to the crew and memebers of OSE!

Default A credit to the crew and memebers of OSE!

Just like to point out how well we all get along over here in comparison to other forums.

check this link out over at " Jims Boat Dock " ( I think you will need to be a member i think to view this ?)

http://www.jrcbd.com/showthread.php?t=38673

Its really is pathetic and i had a good laugh!

Cool

Actually that's nothing, they have had posts FAR more "interesting", mean and argumentative in the past. In fact that board was shut down by the owner last year due to exactly those problems.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

I think this post sums it up nicely.

"I have kept quiet hoping it would work itself out...but this is crazy. the mods shouldn't have to "put verbage into the rules" for us ADULTS to figure out how to be FAIR and do what's right.

If a guy has interest, he/she should be able to play out his/her concerns in a reasonable time until the next person with interest (hopefully there is a next person) steps up and expresses the same thing.

We are ALL at VERYING levels of expertise in the Hobby and may not all realize what item may work with what hoozy-wig. We ALL were rookies at some point...I would hope it is okay to ask questions and confirm an understanding.

It has certainly been done for me and I will most certianly extend the same courtesy to another in return.

Really, children."

My 2 cents, We have become a world of rules. Our rules have rules. Why can not use common sense any longer? That got way out of hand. WE need to get back to treating others like we want to be treated. A employee of mine totally blew off a customer because of a misunderstanding between her and the customer. I inter veined(spelling") and even thou she was right, I had to side with the customer. it was a simple mistake. I asked her after what she would have done if she was on the other side of the counter, her response "I don't want to talk about it now".
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    My 2 cents, We have become a world of rules. Our rules have rules. Why can not use common sense any longer? That got way out of hand. WE need to get back to treating others like we want to be treated. A employee of mine totally blew off a customer because of a misunderstanding between her and the customer. I inter veined(spelling") and even thou she was right, I had to side with the customer. it was a simple mistake. I asked her after what she would have done if she was on the other side of the counter, her response "I don't want to talk about it now".
    LOL, I am a plant manager in a small factory and boy the stories I could tell......

We are truly becoming the "it is about me" generation. I see it more and more in all levels.

Brian

Thumbs up

Well well Steve, it is about time you respond and give your 2 cents to some of the sarcasm dished out on this forum. As the Administrator, its your duty to do so!
    Last edited by mappo; 04-09-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Yes i too have seen far worse.
    Id say the new release of the AeroMarine Hydro Sparked one of the biggest up roars. Thats was insane..

But i agree with what was just said, these days we have rules for rules and there isnt any common sense. Such a shame.

I still feel privileged that i was born in the early 80's, because as a result i still got a lil taste when in my teens for a society that didnt have a rule for everything.
    Ahhh the good days...

I think this post sums it up nicely.

"I have kept quiet hoping it would work itself out...but this is crazy. the mods shouldn't have to "put verbage into the rules" for us ADULTS to figure out how to be FAIR and do what's right.

If a guy has interest, he/she should be able to play out his/her concerns in a reasonable time until the next person with interest (hopefully there is a next person) steps up and expresses the same thing.

We are ALL at VERYING levels of expertise in the Hobby and may not all realize what item may work with what hoozy-wig. We ALL were rookies at some point...I would hope it is okay to ask questions and confirm an understanding.

It has certainly been done for me and I will most certianly extend the same courtesy to another in return.

Really, children."

I guess we need rules for rules because people no longer know how or care how to interact with others....something about maturity comes to mind....I guess we're in survival mode or we've resorted to becoming little more than social retards...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Its funny the main reason for arguments on forums is communication break down.
    Because your tone of conversation can be taken in So many different ways.
    This in its self, gets alot into trouble

AND

yes because theres immature social retards.

as you say ryan the written word can be a confusing thing, i have read what others have written and taken it the wrong way and others have taken what i have written the wrong way.
    problem with boats some times two completely different views may both be rite
    each persons own experience is exactly that and depends on so many variables on setup,what works for one person may not work for another
    at the end of the day its a hobby of toy boats and the idea is to have fun

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    as you say ryan the written word can be a confusing thing, i have read what others have written and taken it the wrong way and others have taken what i have written the wrong way.
    problem with boats some times two completely different views may both be rite
    each persons own experience is exactly that and depends on so many variables on setup,what works for one person may not work for another
    at the end of the day its a hobby of toy boats and the idea is to have fun
    Now what's that supposed to mean? Are you saying that we are grown folks playing with toy boats? Huh?

Only part of communication is the words we speak. The other parts are tone of voice, facial expressions, body gestures, etc. I think the only thing we can be sure of is name calling. But even that can just be in jest if you know the person well enough. Sometimes when we type something, we need to re-read what we type and imagine various scenarios of how what we just wrote may be interpreted. I think most of us do that here. It's just mutual respect for our fellow hobbyists.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by Xcesive8 View Post
    Yes i too have seen far worse.
    Id say the new release of the AeroMarine Hydro Sparked one of the biggest up roars. Thats was insane..
    Was it the Chaos Hydro? What were they fighting over?
    Steven Vaccaro

Yep sure was!
    Man it got ugly.

Whats the issue with that hull?
    Steven Vaccaro

Whats the issue with that hull?
    The bottom is allegedly a splash of the Blazer Whiplash.

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    The bottom is allegedly a splash of the Blazer Whiplash.

Doug
    The deck looks pretty close also.......
    Steven Vaccaro