Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feigao motor install pics

Default Feigao motor install pics

Just wanted to show some pics of the new feigao 380xl's going into the ekos hull. These are the 9xl's with the new ose water jackets. I'll post some info as soon as I get it on the water. Oh yeah, I have some ammo 28-45-2700's with water jackets up for sale on the swap shop if anyone is interested. Second pic is the ammo compared to the feigao.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice setup man. I bet she'll fly for sure!

please let us know that propeller you are using too. It seems that tower will not have the cnc 32 mm venom props in store any time soon.

Thumbs up

Ok, got her out on the water yesterday on 4s 3600 30c lipos w/36mm venom props. Got a bit of porpoising and a gps reading of 107mph???? It was fast but not that fast! So I reset the gps and moved it in front of the motors this time in an effort to stop the porpoising and got 48.5mph. Not too bad but I think there is more there. Sooo, last night I put on a pair of counter rotating CF-40's and bumped the stinger up about 1/16" posotive. Ran it again today after work. The attitude of the hull was much better today and I recorded a screaming 55.2mph! I'm very happy with those numbers and am hoping to get 4-5 minutes of run-time with this setup. I only ran it 5 or 6 passes for about 1.5 minutes but it was cool to the touch. I don't want to push it too much but I would like to try a set of octura 442's, only because the cf-40's prop hub is larger than the ekos drive dog and doesnt fit real well. I know! I know! Wheres the video!

Good job!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Did you need new couplers the the new motor?

Quote Originally Posted by henrik.backe.hansen View Post
    you shouldn't need new couplers.
    Steven Vaccaro

Very clean job ! Surprised you didn't shred up those props!

Quote Originally Posted by ncornacchi View Post
    Surprised you didn't shred up those props!
    Why

I have NEVER ruined a carbon prop. At 25-30k they work great.
    Steven Vaccaro

Yes, new couplers. Stock motors are 4mm shafts. Feigao's are 1/8" shafts.

where is the best place to get those couplers?

where is the best place to get those couplers?
    Right here at ose.....http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=ose-str-ci

1/8" to .130

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Why

I have NEVER ruined a carbon prop. At 25-30k they work great.
    Yeah, a plastic prop would shred,but not carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Yes, new couplers. Stock motors are 4mm shafts. Feigao's are 1/8" shafts.
    Thanks for that info!!! I thought they were 1/8"
    Steven Vaccaro

any thoughts on whether the 32mm venom props will be too small with the feigao 9xl on 4s?

forescot: any need to swat the sock esc of the king of shaves for bigger ones with the 9xl motor?

any thoughts on whether the 32mm venom props will be too small with the feigao 9xl on 4s?
    They will work o.k. but the xl motors can handle larger props like the 36mm venoms easily. Maybe even larger. If you want to be safe stick with the 36mm 3-blades.

forescot: any need to swat the sock esc of the king of shaves for bigger ones with the 9xl motor?
    I think the stock esc's would be ok with the 32mm props, but if you want to get the most out of the xl motors and prop-up, you'll be pulling more amps and need higher amp rated esc's.

As I have one temp guage for each motor when running the boat. what kind of temp should be fine the for 9xl motor and the turnigy 120A (just ordered two of them). In other words, what is the tmep limit on the esc and motor?

I like to keep all components at or below 130, others will say 140-150 but thats too hot for me.

how many amps did it pull on the 40mm props?

Quote Originally Posted by vasy View Post
    how many amps did it pull on the 40mm props?
    I dont know, I dont have a data logger. I know the motor temps so far are in the 110 degree range, and I am using 120-amp speed controls, which should be more than adequate for motors that have a 65amp constant rating. So far so good!

So friend and I ran his boat today on 380 10XL with 40mm 2 bladed props and got about 1000 watts max reading on 14.8v. I see OSE rates this motors as "440 Watts Maximum with proper cooling" so wonder if 1000 is too much.... now, 1000 was peak as I don't have a data logger just a watt meeter that records the top reading.
    The motor seemed cool, just the shaft itself was hot, had no problems holding the back plate by had for 20 seconds and this is after 4 minute run.

I removed the stock motors last night ...waiting for my Feigao 9XLs to arrive.

Question please guys: Just noticed that the wires on the back of stock motors are same color and from what I see (or not see).

How they heck do you know which ones are which when plugging the wires from new motors back into the ESCs??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Team Jericho View Post
    I removed the stock motors last night ...waiting for my Feigao 9XLs to arrive.

Question please guys: Just noticed that the wires on the back of stock motors are same color and from what I see (or not see).

How they heck do you know which ones are which when plugging the wires from new motors back into the ESCs??

Thanks!
    It doesn't matter. Just plug all 3 wires to the esc then check which direction the motor is spinning. If it spins counter-clockwise your good, if it spins clockwise change any two of the wires. That's it.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I too will be going with the 9xl or the 10xl as soon as the motors give out..think I don't understand is these motors should be sealed and have its own lubrication..is it just bad wiring used that makes the stockys crap...as soon as rcraceboat gets these motors gona put another order in..still trying to figure out which is a better motor the 9xl or the 10xl both fit in the stock motor mounts..which is pretty cool..might order some ESC's also but run the stock ESC's till they burn up..everything seems cool even with the aluminum 36mm props just hoping this coupler and flex shafts are way better than stockys.

Another feigao motor install tip. The ose coolers touch the battery trays. You might need to dremmel out a small notch.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    It doesn't matter. Just plug all 3 wires to the esc then check which direction the motor is spinning. If it spins counter-clockwise your good, if it spins clockwise change any two of the wires. That's it.
    As far as I know looking at the props from the rear. The left prop should turn clockwise and the right prop counterclockwise not both props counterclockwise. Ned to inform people that your reverseing polarity if you do it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    As far as I know looking at the props from the rear. The left prop should turn clockwise and the right prop counterclockwise not both props counterclockwise. Ned to inform people that your reverseing polarity if you do it that way.
    The focus of my post was that switching any 2 of the 3 wires between the motor and esc will change direction. A single motor boat spins ccw, which was y i added that point, but for dual motors obviously its different.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast