Thread: oops. hull cracked along seam

Default oops. hull cracked along seam

Realize this is a common problem with the sv after reading the threads.. 1st run had an overheating problem..(ESC jacket was clogged..fixed that)..2nd run major cracks appeared at the seams (slight run in with the the fountain at my local pond) where the top and bottom halves were formed. appears to be only on the outside(paint/gelcoat)...
    1.) going to use zpoxy to reinforce the inside (do i need light weight fiberglass cloth along with it?)
    2.) not sure how to proceed with the exterior repair/paint...need help..(i am a newbie)..need step by step for the exterior repair/paint?:

thx

mdunham

If the crack isnt to bad, I've used ca to fill the gap. If its large glass cloth and ca or epoxy.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Fiberglass, Bondo and SAND! That will stengthen the walls, something the supervee lacks.

If it's just the gel coat I've used a two part epoxy called "double bubble" on my small damaged areas. It's a small pack with 2 sections. Cut open mix together spread a little bit on damaged area wait 15ms and sand. Repaired in 20ms max. I work for the airlines so I just grab it from free stock, not sure where you would just purchase it from I guess you could google double bubble epoxy. If we have a chance to meet up sometime remind me and I'll bring you a bunch of packets. If it's cracked all the way through I have some fiberglass and resin in my garage you can use what you need so you don't need to spend money on a repair kit. Maybe we can meet up next week. I have sundays mondays & tuesdays off of work. Need to see what wizard got going on so he can meet as well.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"