Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Blackjack Dual

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Ha! Ratchetless, it's about 220mm forward of the transom. Normally running both batteries, runs just a little dry and slightly bouncy. Before I could peg full throttle and not sweat it....just accelerated. Running one battery, the bow lift was more pronounced but still driveable. No flips and wild jumps like that Blackjack run.
    If its dry and bouncy, try a very slight downward stinger adjustment. I actually run my HOTR stingers down about 1/32 of an inch. You may have to pull your cog back a smidge? I dunno, but it makes it not hop at all and when it does leave the water, it only has little bow lift, if any at all. I tried it thinking it would suck but it worked out awesome.

Or move your cog forward a bit.

Was it bouncy before the pick up mod?

Yeah. It's the lift I noticed more than anything....
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

How important is stinger drive lengths? is longer better? Also what brand is your rudder? I like the push/pull setup on steering servo does the rudder come like that or do you make it that way? all the ones I have seen are a single wire to rudder? I just got BJ26 with no hardware and want to build it right the first time,
    Thanks,
    Catamoron Man (should've been my screen name)

On stinger length I'd say anything reasonable will be fine. The rudder and bracket were made by me totally custom. I think some rudders have the ability to have a rod on each side of it. Having a control rod on one side is perfectly fine, I just wanted extra stability since I was trying to make a 70+ mph boat.

No wonder I couldnt find one anywhere! Very Nice!! Cant wait to see more pics and video's when you break 70. whats next? how about a couple of those miniature rc jet engines on your BJ! I bet breaking the sound barrier would be more fun for you, why stop at 70? You might want to cover your BJ with some of that Space shuttle material, so it wont burn up on
    re entry!

Well being a machinist helps.....Eventhough I can make all the mechanical stuff found on these boats believe it or not it's easier and more cost effective to buy em made already. I was on a slight budget and just wanted to make it. Thanks for the compliments, I have a few more motors on standby to launch this thing faster hopefully.

Creeping up on 70...slowly but surely. Got 67.3mph today with new esc's and using the 38mm props. Gonna try my 42's again and see what happens.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Interested in if you broke 70. I just got a bj of off craigslist and thinking of a twin. May i ask what motor mounts you have? And did they need moded?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Hey I still have a follower..... Cool. Almost hit it. Fastest speed recorded so far is 68.7 with a set of 38mm props. My mounts were home made (a pain to take the motors in and out but work)

Im still patiently waiting and watching and even have a new idea for you. Change it from a twin to a quad !! if two stingers look that cool just think what four would look like sticking out the back of that bad boy. Seems like you didnt like my turbine idea, but then again this is electric power not jetfuel powered. Got my boat up to 80 yesterday, does it matter that it was in my car? ( and you wouldnt believe the run time I got out of her) all on a 12V 6S car battery

Hey I still have a follower..... Cool. Almost hit it. Fastest speed recorded so far is 68.7 with a set of 38mm props. My mounts were home made (a pain to take the motors in and out but work)
    Still following ya. Being reading through a lot last night. I'm thinking these look like yours http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=ose-drmount. Another question is where did you purchase your rudder and are you using the turnigy motors. I was thinking 2 ammo 2600's or feigao 10l's on either aquastars or seaking 120s. Thank you for sharing.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

A few pics.....
    That Boat Is AMAZING!! What is the top speed it will go :thumbup1
    Steve Vaccaro Jr.
    OffshoreElectrics.com

Quote Originally Posted by CatMan View Post
    Im still patiently waiting and watching and even have a new idea for you. Change it from a twin to a quad !! if two stingers look that cool just think what four would look like sticking out the back of that bad boy. Seems like you didnt like my turbine idea, but then again this is electric power not jetfuel powered. Got my boat up to 80 yesterday, does it matter that it was in my car? ( and you wouldnt believe the run time I got out of her) all on a 12V 6S car battery
    Lol No quads here all twin action......

Rudder is home made and bracket also. I'd stick with the 36-56-2600 Turnigy for motor. They are cheaper than the Ammo's and give me no problems. Another word of advise that I learned the hard way is stay away from the Aquastars. I bought the turnigy k-force 150a and they are way better! All you have to do is add water cooling.

Quote Originally Posted by osejr View Post
    That Boat Is AMAZING!! What is the top speed it will go :thumbup1
    Thanks bro it's been a real learning experience. My top speed so far is 68.7 gps recorded. Will try soon to sneak up on 70 again.

Here is a quick video of her last weekend for those of you who do not venture out in the video section much.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xgBcBiRUI

Got so mo speed out of her. Running ammo 36-50-3300's now on 4s. Pulled out 76.1mph tonight! I'm pumped.

WOW !! now what? bigger motors? will you be building a new canopy so the new motors will fit?
    Congrats......Now I guess I'll be waiting to see 85mph ( you're too close to 80 already, thought I would up it a little) and at what point will you need a drag chute to pop out and slow her down or bring her back to earth?
    And this means your latest video is outdated ( pre-76mph) we'll be waiting for a new one.

I may try and tweak it just a little to see the best speed from timing. There will be no more motors purchased for this project. Video soon to come. Eventhough this boat is extra glassed basically the total inside of the boat, a spill at these speeds will spell parts boat.

Here she is as requested. Running 75.4mph
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzFcujV1BnA

Another WOW!! good thing that water was smooth as glass. you should take it to the rc speed shootout at lake of the ozarks in Missouri. I'd drive up to see your boat.

Long drive from Tennessee tho. Thanks for the compliment. She runs on light chop but needs to be very light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12