Thread: Lehner 2250 timing with castle hv240?

Default Lehner 2250 timing with castle hv240?

I am going to be running my maiden with my new hypro 40" mono this weekend...

I am running a a HV240 castle esc on 10s2p 7400mah 20c lipos (2 3700 6s and 2 3700 4s)

What should I be using for timing settings on the lehner?

Also I plan on using the same controller on my Delta force 45" sniper with a 2215 2y on 10s as well....

I just got both boats and fried a winsky 200amp when trying to connect the lehner.... belive it was a defective esc for sure..... but thats why I would like to use the hv240 for both boats this weekend..

My question is....

what timing setting should I be using for the esc on these setups... and do you think the settings will be close for both motors....

Just wondering as I don't want to fry my fanciest esc...

I have 2 turnigy monsters coming from hobbycity ems shipped should be hear at the beginning of the week.... wish they were here for this test this weekend but I just cant wait any longer....

thanks for the info in advance...

Schulze reccomends soft timing (step 2 of 4) on lehners with their future esc, though i run 90% of the time on medium as not to fry caps (futures have 4 settings). When i was doing my speed runs i used hard timing and the caps needed to be replaced every 5 or so runs, even with added caps. a before and after of just one hard run and you can see the difference in the caps with your multimeter.

i have never used a CC esc so i dont know the settings on them. The harder the timing the faster the caps will degrade, i do not know what safeguards castle has in place for this.