Thread: Tattoos...Got em Show em

Default Tattoos...Got em Show em

Just got my first tatt finished up last night. It took 2 sessions and a total of 5 and a half hours. It's a hot rod tattoo with several different hot rod aspects. Not the best pics but you get the idea. I am now addicted and already have number 2 and 3 picked out!
    Alvin

Nice work. For yout first tat that's alot of ink. I've got 6, just no pics within easy access. I may have some pics buried somewhere, if not wife will have to take some. I see a spark plug at the top two open end wrenches on the sides and the v8 symbol in the middle, and the dice with the number 7 that's awesome. Once again nice work.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Not being into tattoes, over time don't the colors tend to disappear and become a smudged black almost indecipherable graphic? Nothing against tattoes but why? I am sure I will get an answer, lay it on me!

Because they turn average, meek and mild people into super tough dudes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good one Andy and the game is on. I have to hit the sack but will check back in the AM and see just how hard you get hammered. Gotta love it!!!

Well mine started after my mother died, then slowly branched off from that. I'm def not a tough guy and don't claim to be, all of mine have meanings related to my beliefs and are mostly christian based i.e cross, Ichthys, and a scroll with the the vesrse roman 6:23. Just me and my thoughts.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Tatoos used to be something unique,,,now they are becomming cliches as just about everyone has them.

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    Because they turn average, meek and mild people into super tough dudes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    If I wouldn't have read the name I would have sworn the flying scottsman wrote this.

Diesel-Thanks

bwells- I am sure it won't always look like this but the main thing is to keep sunblock on it to protect it from the sun. As far as 30 years from now....who knows.

I personally like the work you had done. Heck, all that really matters is that you are happy with it.

I'm going to show a work in progress, a cover-up of a 25 year old tattoo. It will be a half-sleeve when done.

The wife just told me I could post a pic of a floral she got at a tattoo expo this month.

Maybe some others will step up and show some ink!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RMZDADDY; 03-31-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Alvin, Andy is learning to be a nice and courteous person....Like me.

It looks like sh!t but you love it and that's all that matters

Douggie

rmzdaddy, good idea about tattoeing over an existing one. I have a buddy that got a tat in the late 60's on his shoulder of the "ZIG-ZAG man, if you remember him ( go figure) and it now looks like a charcoal smudge so I will tell him about that idea. Makes sense to me, good post.

it depends on ink qaulity, mine are 20 years old but still have there colour and shape
    there fairly basic to todays standards so not worth showing

Quality of ink, the tattoo artist and how the person maintains it will decide how well they look. My oldest is 7yrs old and looks brand new. Grant it 7years isn't 20, but nontheless. I always apply lotion everyday to all of them to keep them moist, sunblock is a MUST and don't over expose to the sun. Also how well you take care of it in the healing phase also makes a huge difference. I like ink that is orignal. JMO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet