Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Dominion Model Boat Association- Chesapeake, VA

Looked at the calandar and unfortunately I can't do it. I have six Sundays I have taken leave from work between now and the end of August and that aint one of them. Oh well, We'll have a blast at the district race.

Jason it was great to see you at today's race. I look forward to another FE guy running.

On a side note Dick Loeb was telling me there would be about 10 for the FE shoot out in August.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

We'll... How did it go today????

Pretty good ... nothing broke or smoked ... but I did take out buoy #6 in the 3rd heat with the mono.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Chuck, I just got the latest "ODMBA race results" email from Dick as I'm sure you did. I see your still leading the B/P-spec points chase with the UL1. I cant for the life of me figure out why the .21 monos in the district run so good and the same guys running the same type motor in riggers have so many DNFs. Are you going to run the UL1 in the District Race?

Mike,

Maybe my 20 some year description of a rigger will answer your question: Art Deco Two by Four

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Chuck, I just got the latest "ODMBA race results" email from Dick as I'm sure you did. I see your still leading the B/P-spec points chase with the UL1. I cant for the life of me figure out why the .21 monos in the district run so good and the same guys running the same type motor in riggers have so many DNFs. Are you going to run the UL1 in the District Race?
    You are so right ... I am in the lead only because I can run longer. As for the mono I think I have most of the bugs worked out but I need to get a couple more mph out of it to be competitive. I think I will change the hull next year to a DF33. Yes. I will run the UL-1 but maybe in the shootout - I haven't decided yet. I f I get the XS2 running I may use it in the shootout.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

chuck are we allowed to run riggers in the p-spec hydro class?

CYBERCRXT (Mike), I tried to reply to your private message but the system tells me your box is full and you cannot receive messages. But, to answer your message; the Carolina Trace is just south of Sanford, NC on RT87.

How'd the club race go today guys???

Not so good ... besides the rain I broke a flex shaft and stuffed the UL-1.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

That sucks Chuck I got the stink eye from the wife this morning so I didnt go. pm me a good time to meet up and I will drop the boat off to you

Ouch!!! Did you stuff it when the flex let go?? I cant believe the amount of damage. The whole darn sponson nearly tore off.

Ouch!!! Did you stuff it when the flex let go?? I cant believe the amount of damage. The whole darn sponson nearly tore off.
    The flex broke on the mono (note: need to have a spare). The UL-1 tangled with a nitro rigger and lost!
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Sorry to hear that bro. Mama said there would be days like this. I do keep a spare flex for the races. After so many runs, you never know when it's going to let loose.

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

PS- Who did you get tangled up with??? And damage to the rigger???

Chilli
    Last edited by Chilli; 08-01-2010 at 10:15 PM.

Damn Chuck...that does not look good... Do you have plans to try and get her fixed?

I will also offer my help with anything you might need...no problem...

-Kent
    "Will race for cookies!"
    IMPBA D12
    My Gallery: https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/album.php?u=1738

Gotta get that boat repaired Chuck, Your still leading the ODMBA B/P-Spec hydro points chase by a nice margin!!!

A little duct tape and Windex and she'll be good as new.

Chuck,
    Sorry about you'r UL-1. Do you want to use my Viper hull, since I don't have an ESC for it yet? Let me know, I'd be happy if you'd race her.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

You owe me a Lumpia recipe Danny. I Hope you drop by and say hi at the race!

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Chuck,
    Sorry about you'r UL-1. Do you want to use my Viper hull, since I don't have an ESC for it yet? Let me know, I'd be happy if you'd race her.
    You know they call me Kamikaze now. Danny I appreciate the offer ... when you get it back it will have an ESC!

IMPBA 20481S D-12

Are you free? I want to drop her off now if that's alright
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Are you free? I want to drop her off now if that's alright
    Sure ... you remember how to get here?
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

She will get some action before I do! SWEET!

Thanks Chuck

I have seen chucks hydro the hydro is dead long live the viper lol.

Via text messages & PM's, I am being told that an H&M Viper is not a legal P-spec hull.
    I have searched the IMPBA rule book and found nothing about it. I was also on the phone today with Randy (BBY), even He was unaware of a minimum 27" length for P-spec. Can someone please shed some light on this rule and show me exactly where it says a 24.2" hull cannot be a P-spec hydro.

Thanks

Danny the 2008 Roostertails (IMPBA Flyer) has trial rules posted that showed a 27" minimum for P-Sport Hydro. That class uses any motor and ESC you want. The P-Spec Hydro class we run under is totally different. It's a district class that has it's own set of rules and doesnt specify any length restrictions. Now taking that into account, we don't want a boat that would be considered a hazard to the other boats that are running (especially the nitro's). The concern being whether a 24" boat is going to be able to run in race water with the bigger boats. I think Chuck should talk to Dick about it and see what he says.

Mike,
    This is what I heard...

Danny we don't want a boat that would be considered a hazard to the other boats that are running (especially the nitro's)
    I'm looking for a simple straight answer. Either:
    The viper IS a legal P-spec Hydro

or

The viper IS NOT a legal P-spec Hydro

Sorry if I'm coming off like an @$$, It's just one more thing to get under my skin about these restrictive rules.

Frankly ,I do find added to my post insulting and unnecessary.

The only reason we're racing FE's in the District this year is because of . Blah, blah, blah ensures we integrate well with the nitro boats so we can continue to race. The district did not have to let us run with the nitro guys ths year, but they did on a trial basis. If they didnt do this, none of us would be racing this year because we would rarely have the three boat minimun to run our own class. We have gone out of our way not to piss the IC guys off and so far we have only had a few minor growing pains. So excuse me if I am overly cautious in not wanting to jeapordize the gains we have made over the past year. It aint just about the rules.

No one on this board is a District 12 officer so I suggest you contact the IMPBA District 12 Director for your answer.
    Last edited by Chilli; 08-06-2010 at 01:09 PM.

No, I don't think I will...

Thanks anyway Mike.

FYI:
    What I said in my " insulting and unnecessary" post is

What I heard was...

If anything, it is an insult to ME because I couldn't understand in simple english, what it was you were saying. So therefore I apologize for being too unintellegent to understand you Mike.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast