Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Old Dominion Model Boat Association- Chesapeake, VA

hi guys, new to the area, wondering if I could come out and check things out. running a tunnel brushless setup. Looking for a good location to have some fun around this area.

There are several places to run around the area. Where are you located?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Welcome to OSE. I too have a brushless tunnel. If you're close, lets run!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    Welcome to OSE. I too have a brushless tunnel. If you're close, lets run!
    I live around the Chesapeake area, great bridge. I've ran in a few parks but got asked to leave due to restraint times being 1-4pm Sunday only. With my work schedule I have to work odd days and would like to find a location to run and race.....I'm currently setting up a Stiletto...should be decent once i get it dialed in. let me know where the hot spots are and race days....can travel a little bit too.

Thanks!

The Cape Henry RC model boat club meets almost every Sunday 11.00 - 2.00 at Diamond lake. There are a few of us that run at a couple of other places here in Va Bch as well. We don't race but do have fun seeing what our boats can do. ODMBA has not had any races this year and I am not sure about next year as not much information has been forthcoming. Send me a pm and we will get together somewhere on a weekend if possible.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    The Cape Henry RC model boat club meets almost every Sunday 11.00 - 2.00 at Diamond lake. There are a few of us that run at a couple of other places here in Va Bch as well. We don't race but do have fun seeing what our boats can do. ODMBA has not had any races this year and I am not sure about next year as not much information has been forthcoming. Send me a pm and we will get together somewhere on a weekend if possible.

Diamond lake....hmmm not sure where its located will have to find it out. Sounds good. Does Cape Henry Have a web page ? Sounds like fun , I will have to meet up and check it out. I'v been reading the post from everyone previous , is there any other locations that anyone knows of? looking to get away from local parks and high populated places...? If anything comes to mind let me know by PM or post it here. thanks , took my tunnel out the other day , running decent but waiting on some new lipos and a new prop to really move it! thanks for everyone with the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sleep4now View Post
    Diamond lake....hmmm not sure where its located will have to find it out. Sounds good. Does Cape Henry Have a web page ? Sounds like fun , I will have to meet up and check it out. I'v been reading the post from everyone previous , is there any other locations that anyone knows of? looking to get away from local parks and high populated places...? If anything comes to mind let me know by PM or post it here. thanks , took my tunnel out the other day , running decent but waiting on some new lipos and a new prop to really move it! thanks for everyone with the info.
    It's near the North Hampton Blvd/Baker Rd intersection in Virginia Beach. We also run at a small pond near Shipps Corner but it's more for testing because of it's size.

Chuck
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Do you guys have a club website?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Glad I found you guys. I am building a couple of experimental boats with EP1 outboards with new Leopard motors. Would like to meet at the lake on a Sunday or any other day someone would like to meet. What are the requirements for the club?

BBQSteve

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Do you guys have a club website?
    No website just a facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?ui...A/278187492808
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

added the facebook link
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Is this club still around?

Quote Originally Posted by danallen View Post
    Is this club still around?
    Considering it's been 3 years since I posted, no response, I would say not.

Yes, ODMBA is back, with a new site in Smithfield VA, 40 or more members and hosting a District race soon and a Gas Clash event late July. Stronger than ever! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Here is the link to the new facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Old-D...24174334264235
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456