Thread: Mount for REK unit

Default Mount for REK unit

I have a REK lower unit, that im going to use on my VS1 . It came with a dubro mount . Is this a good mount or should i get a different one ?. If a different mount is recomended . Which one would you recomend & were can i get it . Thank's

Capt Vic on International waters make an adjustable mount for 3.5 and 7.5. I picked one up for a 3.5, even though I don't have a tunnel hull right now. His product is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by rchippie View Post
    I have a REK lower unit, that im going to use on my VS1 . It came with a dubro mount . Is this a good mount or should i get a different one ?. If a different mount is recomended . Which one would you recomend & were can i get it . Thank's
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

My gold Hi-Jack mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Quote Originally Posted by westbeach View Post
    My gold Hi-Jack mount.
    Does he have a web site ?.
    Last edited by rchippie; 03-28-2010 at 08:50 PM.

the hijack plates are fairly expensive i think, these from ose work well http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=hpi-obmm35
    the 4 main bolts dont need to move for adjustments like some do, there is 2 bolts that allow up and down adjustment as well as angle

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    the hijack plates are fairly expensive i think, these from ose work well http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=hpi-obmm35
    the 4 main bolts dont need to move for adjustments like some do, there is 2 bolts that allow up and down adjustment as well as angle
    Scott

I like that one . I just want to make sure it would work with the rek unit. Also do you think it's better than the dubro mount or is the dubro mount good enough ?.

No website. I can email him if you're interested. JLMK

Does he have a web site ?.

i havent used the dubro mount so cant say, i have only used the one i posted and it works great

I just used the mount that came on the REK
    The 4 mounting holes had slots in them so it could be moved up and down
    I just loosened the lower bolts to put a wedge under them to change the angle at the prop but in the end I just ran it with the mount flat on the back of my boat

thats why i like they hyperformance mount as i dont like the idea of undoing the bolts that go into the hull with a chance of it leaking,height and angle are just 2 bolts very easy to adjust

The Hi-Jack plate is really the one to get. You can raise or lower the motor along with tilting it in or out pretty easy, sets the motor back further and the eye candy factor alone is worth the xtra 20. Here is his paypal email, not sure if its also his email but it probly is. This is what i used about a year ago to contact him G/L vic_spm@sbcglobal.net
    Last edited by ice329; 03-29-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Can you post a picture of the Dubro mount?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Can you post a picture of the Dubro mount?
    STEVE Here you go.

thanks!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Just use the mount you have
    Once you get it adjusted so the boat works well you will not change the settings anyway