Thread: do i need the tail fins on my UL-1

Default do i need the tail fins on my UL-1

i took my ul-1 out second time last night and fliped it. by the time i brought it her back she was already missing a fin...you know the two fins that stand up on top of the back of the boat....so off to my local hobby shop i went and bought another pair for $22....My questions did i really need to have those fins....she sort of looks cool without the fins.....what do you guys know and what do you think..thanks

Yep.. you need em!

Kidding.. the boat does not need the fins.. they are just for looks.

The fins DO FLOAT.. so check back at the pond.. it might be around someplace.

Grim

thanks...i thought the they would float too but i didn't see them anywhere..

If you are a scale geek like me you need them
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I think they look Bad A$$ with them. I taped mine down with hatch tape then put black electrical tape over the hatch tape to match the black color my boat is painted. Plus I painted them and decaled them. I haven't lost one yet with 3 blow overs. If I would lose one I prob would't replace. I did take the mirrors and exhaust blowers off. I think it looks more sleek without.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I use clear silicone..it's clean looking and they survive blowovers, if they do let go on a hard flip, they let go and don't crack the hull or damage the paint

I agree. I don't like the fins either. The first thing I did when I opened the box was to take the fins off.

Cool

Five year old thread. It's dead Fred.......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

That boat was designed after the old Unlimited Light auto powered class. the only reason they added the uprights was to get more area to add soponsor graphics
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham