Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Swordfish ESC's now instock

Quote Originally Posted by bill34207 View Post
    I can't swear to how it would work with a 2215 but it works well on a 1527/1.5Y.
    8s 2p run in a 15+ lb 45" mono
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLY-tzm8vkg

One of my friends is expecting one in today that he's going to use on the big sreamer outrunner,
    I run it with a 2215 1y. Have ran it in a 39" mono, and 1 run so far in a 42" hydro, both on 9s2p. So far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by sailr View Post
    Bill, let us know how that controller handles the big screamer. I'm holding off on that motor because there are a lot of questions about what esc will really work with it.
    Finally got to see the big cat run today. 1 9s run, 1 11s run and another 9s run after taking it back to his house and adding flats to the motor and prop shaft. (and it still slips under full power) Here's the 3rd video which was the best of the set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ySCTPudJSI

ESC held up well with caps only about 145 after the 11s attempt. Motor was pretty toasty though at 200. Didn't seem to hurt it though, still ran strong on the 3rd run.

She scoots!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    She scoots!!
    I think it would scoot better if he can get rid of that "slip" which I'm beginning to thnk was not a slip at all. I have seen/heard rc prop planes make a similar sound when the esc timing or pwm didn't agree with the motor. Normally when a collet slips on the motor shaft or drive cable inside the collet, it doesn't fix itself after stopping either. His made that slip noise several times but would always come back up after releasing the trigger and easing back into it.
    My Swordfish ran fine with my 1527 on default settings (all I changed was lvc to match my packs) but wondering if the big outrunner "marine scream" might need some tweaking of the settings for proper communication between the motor & esc.
    Any thoughts out there on this?

I have had several outrunners in airplanes that make that SCREECHing sound. It is some form of miscommunitation between the esc and motor. In my cases it has come from a dead stop to partial throttle. Typically it will do it once and then after backing off slightly on the throttle it is fine after that. I think you have probably hit on what is really going on but no clue how to correct it.

I have held off on the screamer. I have a 44" boat ready for it but still not convinced it is ready for prime time.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

ok i am still lost?? i have a bj 26 stock motor and 20c 2 cell lipos got the 120 amp and the program card with like 12 switchs??? lol after programing when power on the light on esc is green and then flashs 4 times red, i can move the rudder but the motor wont run???? NEED HELP PLEASE not sure if the switchs are set right?????

ok after hold n the throttle button and serveral beeps the motor runs :) but as soon as you touch the throttle trigger the motor runs and really does not stop when you let off the trigger, so get n closer. now when powered on i get 2 beep and no red light any ideals

I haven't tried using the little program card since I have the USB link and set mine up with the computer but try this.
    Turn the esc switch to the off position when attaching your batteries. Turn your transmitter on, and pull the trigger to full throttle setting. While holding full throttle, turn the esc switch on. As soon as it beeps release the trigger. That should set your throttle endpoints and it should work.

Do we have to reprogram the 240HV like we did the 120? I hooked mine up to a ul1 motor and all it will do is studder and make a slight wisp of smoke!!
    All default settings like my 120 that works so well on a UL1 motor.

ok that didnt work??? but at least mine is running

Sounds like your screammer does the same thing as mine using the Castle controller. Still looking for a controller to work with this motor.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
    Sounds like your screammer does the same thing as mine using the Castle controller. Still looking for a controller to work with this motor.

Mark
    I think maybe you're talking to me? (although I don't have a screamer)
    My friend says he got his screamer to function at full throttle on the Swordfish by changing the PWM to 16 khz. I was waiting for a chance to see it run in person before coming back to update so for now this is just heresay.

Bill

Outrunner motors require 15+ Khz PWM.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Every cd rom or dvd rom has this inner cut in the tray design to just drop this 3.5 inch cd and close the tray, been there, done that....

Quote Originally Posted by bustitup View Post
    ok I just attemped the instructions on the first video...

ok everything in device manager works fine and I got the y cable working but I have no swordfish software to open...is that what the disk is for?....I havnt tried the disc because its to small to run in my pc drive
    DJI Drone Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Every cd rom or dvd rom has this inner cut in the tray design to just drop this 3.5 inch cd and close the tray, been there, done that....
    Unless you have a slot load.

In that case click here
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/dow...2011-04-27.zip
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234