Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Swordfish ESC's now instock

Default Swordfish ESC's now instock

The Swordfish Esc's are now instock.

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/sea...pe=&scat=&sman=

As a forum member perk,
    if you are in the USA and buy a Swordfish 120 or Swordfish 240HV, we are giving Free Shipping and Handling to forum users that have been active here on or before 3/20/2010. Other items can be combined with the orders and all the shipping is free.

if you are outside the USA and buy a Swordfish 120 or Swordfish 240HV, we will discount $10 from the s&h cost of a Swordfish 120 and discount $15 on a Swordfish 240 .

To take advantage of this you can enter your FORUM USER NAME in the "additional info" area of the order form. Paypal users wont see this "additional info" area. So just send an email to me from the contact page.
    The real name associated with your forum account must match the order name. This is to protect real forum users from the people that just read posts and never bother to register or contribute.

Offer ends April 2nd, 2010
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Question Hifei Swordfish high voltage water cooled esc.

Hey Steve, what kind of warranty is offered with these esc's
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

1 year manufacturer defect warranty from Hefei.

First month direct OSE exchange, send it back and we exchange it.
    After the first month to the 1 year date, you send it to us and we will send it back to Hefei for you.
    Steven Vaccaro

Im going to place my order for the 240a HV this weekend! I have been waiting for this! Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

I got me one!!!

Just ordered mine!
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Well, I am bummed, looked at my credit card statement this morning, and I was billed shipping..Whats up with that? Mike Luszcz

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Well, I am bummed, looked at my credit card statement this morning, and I was billed shipping..Whats up with that? Mike Luszcz
    Don't be bummed. Life is way to short to worry about it. Take another look. You will find there is a credit of 9.90 to your credit card on the same day the esc was ordered.

When you place the order online the payment system doesn't know you are a forum user, so it charges the full amount. We refund it after.
    Steven Vaccaro

Thanks Steven. It had not shown up! Cant wait to see how this controller performs, Mike

got me a swordfishy..i hope it destroys the hydra series..maybe competition will help
    "FE" STANDS FOR FRUSTRATING EXPLOSIONS

Well i received the two that I ordered. These puppies look nice - the foot print on these ESC's is quite small so for those of us that don't have a lot of room(i.e. riggers) these should do nicely!

Just got them yesterday so don't know about performance but i do like the small size!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Cant get my hv240 to power up. Cannot link it to the pc because the y harness is incorrect. Aggrivated. Plug everything in, and nothin. Weird.

The y harness with the esc should be correct for pc hookup. There is a different y harness needed for programcard and program box use. Once I get some time I will power one up to check it out.
    Steven Vaccaro

It seems the polarities are incorrect in the plugs for the harness. It's weird that when it's all hooked up to the rx, rx battery, motor and a 5s lipo, I get nothing. Not even beeps.

RYAN I AHVE BEEN TRYING A LONG TIME TO GET MINE UP AND RUNNING TOO..I HAVE TRIED BOTH THE PROGRAM BOX AND THE USB LINK WITHOUT SUCCESS

Reading the instructions for the box it does say it need between 5 to 8.4 volts..are we powering it with too much?

I didn't get the box. Just the usb link and software. Have you tried to power it yet?

Yes with a 6s lipo and a rx pack....the usb link is not communicating and it times out with the esc...i have tried nummerous configs...i have had the switch on and off different harnesses and nothing so far from the fish

Same exact thing here. UGH

I am done with the fish tonight..i do not like seafood so i hope this is not a bad omen..keep us/me posted if you figure it out..anyone else get one of the fish programmed yet? Good luck i will try again tomorrow evening

I would not worry. Steve will get it resolved. It is a great ESC maker so he will get the support he asks for.

I'm not too worried. I just got frustrated yesterday. I had just broke my Emaxx in half before trying to set up the Swordfish. Perhaps i should have waited till today.

Sorry to hear this. Once I get my house sorted, its first on my list. Right now my workshop is ground zero.
    Steven Vaccaro

The only good thing to come out of a flood like I had, was down time in between emptying vacs and keeping the pumps unplugged from debris. I did a cheesy low budget video on hooking up and programing the Swordfish 240hv. Please excuse the dirty hands, and off the cuff ad libbing of the directions. But its a start.

Steven Vaccaro

powerup sequence and wiring video for the Swordfish 240hv.

Steven Vaccaro

Excellent job, Steven!!

Thanks for taking the time to do this Steven! My problem is that the polarity of the plugs in the Y harness is not the same as the plugs on the esc. I may just try to swap em around. I wonder also I the not getting beeps has to do with my motor. It is the littlescreamers I'm currently trying to run it on.

awesome job steve and a lot of help...I received erics (soninlaw) two esc's and have been going over what was included with the esc's...these videos are a real jump start
    1 question

what is the the small disc that comes with the package..cant get it to work in my destktop pc dvd drive?
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to do this Steven! My problem is that the polarity of the plugs in the Y harness is not the same as the plugs on the esc. I may just try to swap em around. I wonder also I the not getting beeps has to do with my motor. It is the littlescreamers I'm currently trying to run it on.
    I suggest reversing the plug to get the polarity right and program it first. That way you know the lcv.
    Steven Vaccaro

ok I just attemped the instructions on the first video...

ok everything in device manager works fine and I got the y cable working but I have no swordfish software to open...is that what the disk is for?....I havnt tried the disc because its to small to run in my pc drive
    Last edited by bustitup; 03-31-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    SPRINT CAT 40.........BOOGIMAN 25" MONO 8xl
    EX President of the Offshore FE Vultures Society

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast