Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rio 51,,,,Its Back...................

Quote Originally Posted by bigcam406 View Post
    how quick did you think it was? i saw a vid where Grim said it would do over 40.the Hypersport 48 will only do approx 35 with the same engine,yet its 9 inches shorter.anyone have any thoughts? just curious as im considering one or the other.thx
    Well this one was box stock motor & trim. So i would guess in the low 30's. He was still breaking in the motor . He is also getting a tuned pipe for it. So that should boost it several mph.

What would be a good pipe for this new Rio 51z ?
    and how much will that help?
    thanks
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    What would be a good pipe for this new Rio 51z ?
    and how much will that help?
    thanks
    There are lots of "good" pipes out there. I think you'd have good luck with something with a 2" band. Lots out there to choose from.

I've seen this boat go with a modded Gizmo Motors Zen 260 and it's pretty amazing how well it works.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    There are lots of "good" pipes out there. I think you'd have good luck with something with a 2" band. Lots out there to choose from.

I've seen this boat go with a modded Gizmo Motors Zen 260 and it's pretty amazing how well it works.
    Thank you Darin
    I just picked one up from Tower, it should be here tues or weds of next week
    and I know a new pipe will really help this motor out
    do you have a link to the Gizmo mod?
    Thanks
    with all the push backs of the FE RTRs I decided to buy one of these
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Thank you Darin
    I just picked one up from Tower, it should be here tues or weds of next week
    and I know a new pipe will really help this motor out
    do you have a link to the Gizmo mod?
    Thanks
    with all the push backs of the FE RTRs I decided to buy one of these
    I am very impressed with the "solidness" of this hull, and it's also layed out very nicely. There are many features that are obviously done with ease of maintenance in mind (oiler, etc.)...

Order this: http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=56

It's a bolt on top-end kit that is VERY easy to install. You can use your stock carb with no worries.

You could throw in some zero-drag seals, but that requires that you pull the flywheel, and aren't really necessary for most running.

You'll be very impressed with this top-end kit and a pipe. Performance is quite amazing for the $$$

Maybe you could talk Brian (Buaas) into snapping some pics of his. He did some tweaks to the motor mounting to enable him to install the pipe down inside the hull without having to cut the hatch.

Maybe you could talk Brian (Buaas) into snapping some pics of his. He did some tweaks to the motor mounting to enable him to install the pipe down inside the hull without having to cut the hatch.
    That is what I would like to do with the pipe

I am very impressed with the "solidness" of this hull, and it's also layed out very nicely. There are many features that are obviously done with ease of maintenance in mind (oiler, etc.)...

Order this: http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=56

It's a bolt on top-end kit that is VERY easy to install. You can use your stock carb with no worries.

You could throw in some zero-drag seals, but that requires that you pull the flywheel, and aren't really necessary for most running.

You'll be very impressed with this top-end kit and a pipe. Performance is quite amazing for the $$$
    Is this like the kit from Warehouse Hobbies the M5?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12