Thread: Newbie with some questions...

Default Newbie with some questions...

Hi everyone !, this is my first post in this forum, I live in Spain so you must excuse my English...
    After reading a lot in the forum, I'm almost decided to buy a Blackjack 26BL, I've never owned a boat, but I'm an experienced rc electric car modeler so I'm not new in the hobby, I know about brushless, lipos, etc, but I don't know much about hulls, props..., etc.
    I want the boat for playing in a lake close to my house with my kid, no competition, just go fast and learn about this beautiful and fast machines, so my question is..., do I need to upgrade something in the boat?, or just RTR with a few cheap modifications such as better prop, good batts, programming card, weight balance..., would it be enough for me?, in other words, do I need to upgrade the hardware or it's just fine with stock one?

thanks!

I prefer the KOS from Venom, easier to upgrade and very nice cat'. Sorry for my bad english, I' m from France

Nice cat, it is, but much more expensive than BJ, does it offer more for less?

Black Jack 26 BL is a wicked boat, get it!!!
    And yes. For now get LiPos, progm card, X642 prop and you will rip that pond of yours for real!!!!
    Have a fun!!!!
    This is one of the best electric RC boat forums you could end up on......
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by arakari View Post
    Hi everyone !, this is my first post in this forum, I live in Spain so you must excuse my English...
    After reading a lot in the forum, I'm almost decided to buy a Blackjack 26BL, I've never owned a boat, but I'm an experienced rc electric car modeler so I'm not new in the hobby, I know about brushless, lipos, etc, but I don't know much about hulls, props..., etc.
    I want the boat for playing in a lake close to my house with my kid, no competition, just go fast and learn about this beautiful and fast machines, so my question is..., do I need to upgrade something in the boat?, or just RTR with a few cheap modifications such as better prop, good batts, programming card, weight balance..., would it be enough for me?, in other words, do I need to upgrade the hardware or it's just fine with stock one?

thanks!
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

thanks for your input, Robert; I have many lipo packs from my cars, most of them 5000 or 5200mAh hard case 40c, hope they would go fine with the boat, and they'll fit. Also, I plan to install my Kopropo ex5ur instead of am radio.

I can't wait to get it, the Venom is also nice option, but pricey and electronics are too much for me, besides I should buy 3s packs, and I can't spend more than $400.

is the stock servo standard torque and gearing? I can't find much information about it.

still studying the forum...

Your 5000 and 5200 Lipos are going to move your boat forward, for real...
    make sure to get program card and change your ESC to LiPo!!!
    One day concider changing your hardware to Fullers like the one on the picture or this one:
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...prod=ose-80085
    Cheers
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by arakari View Post
    thanks for your input, Robert; I have many lipo packs from my cars, most of them 5000 or 5200mAh hard case 40c, hope they would go fine with the boat, and they'll fit. Also, I plan to install my Kopropo ex5ur instead of am radio.

I can't wait to get it, the Venom is also nice option, but pricey and electronics are too much for me, besides I should buy 3s packs, and I can't spend more than $400.

is the stock servo standard torque and gearing? I can't find much information about it.

still studying the forum...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada