Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New ShockWave 26 Brushless

I had no heat problems running the 3 blade. I checked the temp and it was at 89 and ESC was 80. I ran the boat full throttle in those 12 mins. The speed I didn't check, but I can tell you when I punch the throttle from a stand still she jumped out of the water. I am very happy with the boat.

Awesome! Looking forward to getting Lipo's in this thing. Already very pleased with it on NiMH's

Should be a decent boat once everything is dialed in!

Just ordered a X435 Prop, will let you all know how it works out!

Who did you order it from?

From CMDi racing

http://cmdracing.com/updated/main.htm

Email and ask for Andy, he will take care of you.. tell him Nick F. with the Shockwave 26 From Florida sent you

Quote Originally Posted by harry12cars View Post
    I had no heat problems running the 3 blade. I checked the temp and it was at 89 and ESC was 80. I ran the boat full throttle in those 12 mins. The speed I didn't check, but I can tell you when I punch the throttle from a stand still she jumped out of the water. I am very happy with the boat.
    Get some video of your boat in action! Would love to see it!

Will have some of mine shortly..would be a good comparison Nimh Vs Lipo in this boat.

Sorry, won't be up and running till August-Horizon Hobby has my warrantied esc on back-order .

My new boat should be in next week. 25" Deep Vee ARTR from HOR Racing. I ordered it from kintec racing. Runs on 3s/4s Will let you know how it runs later.

Some photo's from running today:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good video review of the shockwave I JUST found on youtube... Just put up a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2BQzREK0AY

Wanted to give an update on the great customer service from horizon hobby.

They are sending me a new driveshaft, motor coupler, and 3 new props. A company that stands behind there product and sends the new parts at no charge (yes they are cheap but still...would have been $20+ out of my pockets for these parts) is a great company to buy from.

This makes me even more happy about my purchase of the Proboat Shockwave.

That Great!!!!!!!

They helped me out also. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, I AGREE!

Got my x435 prop and it works great... Compared to the y535 the batteries no longer get so hot, motor and esc are cooler as well...this is on 6 cell NimH remember

Speed is about 1 - 1.5mph slower according to the GPS, but the RPM's are there now..where-as before the RPM's didnt seem to get as high with the y535 as it was too much load I suppose...maybe this prop isnt the right one either, but I would rather sacrafice a mph and not overheat my batteries etc..

around 24mph is still respectable on a single 6 cell NiMH... We shall see what she does on Lipo's when that day comes. Will post some video shortly if anyone wants to see.

Here is a video: Comments, suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Visual Perfection; 06-16-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Looking good! A decent 2s lipo should give you a nice boost in speed. Something like a 5000mah 30c Turnigy lipo.

Just bought 2 rhino 25c 4900 mah from a member here...cant wait to get them...need a charger yet though : (

Awesome! You'll never go back to nimh!

Hoping to get a Thunder AC-6 charger for the lipos...I wasn't gonna go lipo, but now that I have a Fastech comming for my B-day I figured I needed a few more batteries and why waste my money on NiMH's lol...so bought some Lipo's.... I think i might be starting to have a problem...that R/C addiction thing people keep talking about

After watching that video can anyone see anything wrong with the way it is running in the straights or turns? Any suggestions?

Also it does not turn very well, I have to slow way down to turn or if I turn sharp as you can see in the video it bounces a lot..what can I do to fix this? I figured with the steerable outdrive this thing should handle really good...

Thanks

Lipos arrived today...tried real quick to put one in my shockwave but it doesnt want to fit with the cord comming out of the end...seems about an 1/8" too long..

Anyone else have this problem?

They are Rhino 2s 4900mah 20c lipos

Oh also, when running a lipo in this boat I hook it up the same and change the switch on the esc to Lipo and that is all right? The balance plug is only plugged in for charging correct? as I dont see anywhere that would plug into so I assume that it is only for charging purposes? Sorry for the stupid question.

Correct, balance plug is only for charging.

ok thanks...now just need to figure out if I can get the damn things to fit!

Here you go guys.. a video of her running Lipo Powa!

What a difference! I love Lipos! The get up and go is almost instantaneous and the battery pack is cool to the touch along with the ESC and Motor being barely warm.

I am very happy with the way it runs now!

Default Video

Great vid, NO heat problems with the esc? X435 3prop?

If your fins are pointing down, pull them up a little bit and the boat will turn quicker and it seems to make the boat a little quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by ALD View Post
    Great vid, NO heat problems with the esc? X435 3prop?
    No heat problems...I brought it in every 2 minutes to check it.

it is a 2 blade x435

Quote Originally Posted by ALD View Post
    If your fins are pointing down, pull them up a little bit and the boat will turn quicker and it seems to make the boat a little quicker.
    Have any pictures? How far up?

Your hooked now! I fought going lipo for a long time with my supervee. Lipos were too expensive then. Til I discovered hobbyking lipos. Best bang for the buck IMO!

Yes hobbyking or members giving great deals on this forum!

Guys wanted to add IMPORTANT info I just found out.

Member on RC universe ran the 435 3 blade prop on 2s lipo and fried his ESC.

Looks like that prop is hit or miss, since the member on here is running it with no problems.

Once I get a few more runs on my X435 2 blade prop with 2s lipo I will report back to let you guys know how it is going.

I am a little disapointed that prop wrecked the ESC..any other options we could look into?

Quote Originally Posted by Visual Perfection View Post
    Guys wanted to add IMPORTANT info I just found out.

Member on RC universe ran the 435 3 blade prop on 2s lipo and fried his ESC.

Looks like that prop is hit or miss, since the member on here is running it with no problems.

Once I get a few more runs on my X435 2 blade prop with 2s lipo I will report back to let you guys know how it is going.

I am a little disapointed that prop wrecked the ESC..any other options we could look into?
    3 Blade draws more amps so I would think that would be the problem. If you say you are not overheating on 2s and 2blade x435 then you should be good but this hobby always has a surprise.lol

I bought this boat today along with a 2 blade x435 based on what I have seen and read on this boat. I can't wait, have a lipo ready to go!! I recently put the widowmaker/shockwave bl powerplant in my Apache 24 and it really hauls so I figured this would be fun too. Love the fact its just one battery and decent speed.

Let us know how you like it! This boat is VERY fun on a 2s lipo, and yes it is great that it only needs one battery!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast