Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anybody from Minnesota ???

Hobby man. You got to be kidding. You only will run on one pond and a 20 minute drive is too far.....

TL

were is the pond u are talking about?

Hobby man, the pond is in Eagan. It's located 5 minutes south of the Mall of America just off hwy 77. It's the only organized racing around. It's very low key, we do keep points calculated for the day/season. It's a blast, we would like to see you there. Check out our website at tcmbc.org.

TL

LOL

This is a 90 minute drive (on a weekday) for me.

Oh, then it is a ways. Fun times though!

What's the racing/practice schedules look like this year?

I need to dig out my boats one of these weeks and get some use out of them this year. I didn't run anything at all last year, and I don't intend to repeat that again!
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3

This weekend we have a fun day/speed run. Everything is on the website, www.tcmbc.org. In order to race you will have to be a IMPBA member ($60 covers anywhere in Midwest and some other areas ins. for yourself and pond owner). If you want full access to the pond at anytime. You have to be a membe ($20 first yr. $40 each additional yr.). This includes use of pond, docks, drivers stand, course, and retrieve boat.

TL
    Last edited by TLeyde; 05-15-2013 at 09:39 AM.

I'm on the north end of the cities in Maple Grove and yes, it does take a bit to get down to the pond, but I try not to miss a chance to get down there and race. Eagan is a short trip compared to the trips to Madison and Racine WI and Scottsdale AZ. Have really banged up the boats a couple times, but never had any regrets about going to a race. At least with the Eagan races I get to sleep at a decent hour.
    If anything, stop down to the pond to see all the fun yourself.

Anyone located in Central MN?

Met someone from Royalton a while back but they ended up moving out east for work before we got a chance to do any running. I haven't run much FE the last couple years. Still have a bunch of P-Limited boats, but have transitioned over to gas. The Eagan pond has weeded over very quickly the last couple years and they've run a couple races with another club in Eau Claire. We're looking for a new pond so if you know of any options, let us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12