Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOTR twin build

That's my favorite graphic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

You could try something like this (green being the strap):
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those cooling jackets are nice looking - will they disapate heat as well as the aluminum do?
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

you know there not reall carbon fibre,just plastic ?
    real ones http://www.fastelectrics.com/blmotors1.asp and there cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie-crawl View Post
    you know there not reall carbon fibre,just plastic ?
    real ones http://www.fastelectrics.com/blmotors1.asp and there cheaper
    Good call Oz. I was wondering if they were real carbon as they looked like the printed type. But I wasnt sure. You can definitley see the difference in a real carbon jacket. Very nice.

i had one of the fake ones, still looked cool in the boat, but from memory the fake one cost me more than what fast electrics sells a real one for

To answer Eodman's question no, I don't think they will cool as well as aluminum. They do look cool tho!

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    To answer Eodman's question no, I don't think they will cool as well as aluminum. They do look cool tho!
    I would have to agree. But they do have quite the "bling" factor.

i dont think there would be any significant difference as the jacket it self doesn't really cool anything its the water, the cans them selves are isolated from the motor with the o rings
    i have ran both in the same hull with same motor and there was no difference i could tell

Never thought about that.. It is isolated b/c of the O-rings. Good point.

I got it i saw CF sticker style role of tape, get a normal cooler and rap it , will cool normal and will look like a CF one...

Jerry jerry jerry... thats like putting Mustang GT emblems on a V-6 pony... or like my hull, HOTR w/ HydroMarine fake insignias... ya just dont do it man!

Now that Ive given you crap.. check your email my friend.. some goodies for ya!

Being i no cars, ya i feel ya, dumb idea,,ooops my bad, be back later going to check email..

Ozzie-crawl, I am gonna have to disagree here. Not that it's a huge diff. but the aluminum is actually shedding some of the water's heat being that it's fairly thermally conductive. May not be a big diff. but it's deff. doing it.

I wouldnt think it would be enough a difference though to make or break using them.. Non the less, Ozzie is helping to blow the budget even more on this build.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat26 View Post
    Ozzie-crawl, I am gonna have to disagree here. Not that it's a huge diff. but the aluminum is actually shedding some of the water's heat being that it's fairly thermally conductive. May not be a big diff. but it's deff. doing it.
    of course the aluminium will shed heat faster than the plastic, thats not what i am saying, the jackets role isnt to help dissipate heat its only there to allow water to flow threw it they amount of extra cooling by using a alloy jacket would be insignificant.
    as i said i tried both on the same boat with same setup and monitored temps there was no difference i could see

Quote Originally Posted by tiqueman View Post
    I wouldnt think it would be enough a difference though to make or break using them.. Non the less, Ozzie is helping to blow the budget even more on this build.
    dont have much money at the moment so its easier to spend other peoples

this is a nice looking build probably the best hotr cat i have seen,love the carbon fibre work

was they original owner doing a twin ? just looking at the cut outs in the hatch recess makes me think they are there for getting the motors in and out once a cooling jacket is on the motor there isnt much room getting 540 cans in there
    also make it easier to do flex couplers up

dont have much money at the moment so its easier to spend other peoples

this is a nice looking build probably the best hotr cat i have seen,love the carbon fibre work

was they original owner doing a twin ? just looking at the cut outs in the hatch recess makes me think they are there for getting the motors in and out once a cooling jacket is on the motor there isnt much room getting 540 cans in there
    also make it easier to do flex couplers up
    Thanks Ozzie! Matter of fact... I believe you had also caused me to make another purchase because you had cancelled the order.... Im thinking I remember it was you? I had to sell some stuff quick to recover from that one. And luckily my Nitro Hydro went on the swap shop so I recoverd my losses quickly.

And yes, original owner started it as a twin.. but it lacked a lot to be desired. Yes, I understand the cut outs along the sides for the motors etc. I was talking about the ones up front. The 2 half moon notches. They are in the lid as well????

-Scott

Thanks Ozzie! Matter of fact... I believe you had also caused me to make another purchase because you had cancelled the order.... Im thinking I remember it was you? I had to sell some stuff quick to recover from that one. And luckily my Nitro Hydro went on the swap shop so I recoverd my losses quickly.

And yes, original owner started it as a twin.. but it lacked a lot to be desired. Yes, I understand the cut outs along the sides for the motors etc. I was talking about the ones up front. The 2 half moon notches. They are in the lid as well????

-Scott
    no dont think i canceled any orders got me thinking now

only thing i can think of for the front cut outs is for pinning the front of the hatch

Yes tinqueman - but its still just a mustang with a load of sh*t out the tail pipe! Then you got clean the road apples
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

no dont think i canceled any orders got me thinking now

only thing i can think of for the front cut outs is for pinning the front of the hatch
    Those are some laaaarge pins if thats the case. Did you cancel an order on a Skunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    Yes tinqueman - but its still just a mustang with a load of sh*t out the tail pipe! Then you got clean the road apples
    Eodman, I know your not picking on my Mustang collection? you must be a bow tie guy... or worse yet.. I ricer

no wasnt me with the skunk.

Nope - no real favorite just was never a fan of those ponies! Never thought they were the go to car!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

no wasnt me with the skunk.
    My bad.. I thought I remember Scotty from Skunk saying it was originally set aside for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eodman View Post
    Nope - no real favorite just was never a fan of those ponies! Never thought they were the go to car!
    Yeah Im just bustin your chops. Ive got a '65 as well as my Dad has one. I havent really like the ponies since 66, until the 05-09 came out. Then when they went to the Camaro look in '10, We got a '09 GT before we couldnt get one anymore (new). And we love it. Sometimes I even get to drive it.

Back in the early 70's I did have a SS Chevelle 396 425 horse prepped by Baldwin Motion!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

Thats nice. My Dad had one and it was stolen. Actually up in your neck of the woods. Hes a Jersey boy.

I lived in NY at the time - but have been jersey boy for the past 10 years!

Ran a few times at Englishtown ... came away with a couple of NHRA class window stickers!
    We did it with a Bang!

Cats Are Where It's At!

I would have to agree. But they do have quite the "bling" factor.
    Water is cooling the motor, not the jacket

I used to have a 72' chevelle SS with a crate 454 motor bord out to 505 with all edlebrock aluminum valve covers ,hoses etc. and a holly 750 dubble pumper she was matallic blue with factory silver racing strips and even the rearend cover was factory aluminum with SS stamped on it, even had the cowl induction hood but never got it running then sold it''dum''.

Thinking more about batteries... Do you think it would be better to run 2 6S 3000mah in parallel, rather than 2 3s 5000 in series? The 6S 3000 35c will just fit under the lid....

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast