Thread: Planetary gears

Default Planetary gears

Any i deas on planetary gears. Running 2x 5000mill 4s, 2x fiego 380l, 36 mill props.ran today and got 42 mph on 3s. Hit something and riunned my prop and shaft. Got collers on the shaft so i didnt loose them. Worked great! But i have been lookin at these planetrybgears for my fiegos that are 4:1 . Was wondering if anyone had input.

They are made for high torque rather than high rpm - very common in cordless drills.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Cool

Neu, etc. sell these - they are for airplanes where the large diameter props used need to be turned relatively slowly. They have no use for FE boats, prop speed would be way too slow. Imagine a 50,000 rpm motor, the prop speed would only be only 12,500 rpm - way too low for any fast electric boat.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

i thought it was the other way around, i wanted to increse the rpm of the props

Every commercial planetary gearbox gives a reduction in output rpm to increase torque. Why would you want to increase prop rpm by a factor of four?

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Just wondering. Thanks for the responce. I really wish i could answer someones questions and help guys out but i suck at this. Gotta keep tryin though!