Thread: 2s 1100 mah a123 battery

Default 2s 1100 mah a123 battery

The Mini-C is my first RC boat after dabbling in planes, helicopters, and cars.

So far I must say I'm impressed with a 2s 1100 mah a123 battery. It is over an ounce lighter than the nimh. All in all it planes easier and may be ever so slightly faster. For those wanting to keep things fairly stock I think it is an excellent way to go. The 2s lipo is a bit faster but the motor definitely heats up more. The 2s a123 is all around fun!

I'm tempted to through out a few buoys close to the edge of the pond at a community center by our house and do racing with a buddy. Great fun!

So far I have added a bit of 2 part expanding foam for bouyancy, and did the silicone caulking and vaselien trick to help keep water out of the electronics bay.

I know what you mean about the a123 battery that you are talking about as I've used it as well. The 9.9v 1100mah a123 will also fit and perks up this little boat even more. Glad that you're having fun with it.

Do you have a link for that battery? Will it run in the boat with a stock set up? Just bought one of these for my 5 yr old but, who's to say that daddy can't play while the kids are away!!

Quote Originally Posted by badag98 View Post
    Do you have a link for that battery? Will it run in the boat with a stock set up? Just bought one of these for my 5 yr old but, who's to say that daddy can't play while the kids are away!!
    Here is a link to Rclipos. http://www.rclipos.com/A123_Packs.htm Price wise this is the best place because freight is included in the price. They are also great to deal with.

It will run on the stock set up, but you'll have to either make an adapter to run these batteries or change the connector on the esc to a male deans.

Quote Originally Posted by badag98 View Post
    I have been running it on my stock setups. It is over an ounce lighter than the stock battery, has lower internal resistance, and can be charged in about 15 minutes. The boat can definitely be thrown around a bit more, comes up on plane sooner, does not come off of plane after pitching it around, etc. Speed wise I believe it to be a scooch faster but not by much. I will see if I can run it side by side to the stock nimh batter and get it on video.

I made up more than a few 2s packs. Let me know if you are interested in buying a pack off of me. Shrink wrapped, hyperion balance plug, and deans connector...

P.S. Both my 6 year old daughter and 4 year old son drive this setup w/o issue. I have done the silicone trick for keeping water out of the inside.

Sorry I posted this on the wrong board I bought a Mini v not Mini C but.... these batteries should work in either of them correct?

Reefboy how much are you asking for a pack?

I'm interested in one if you have enough spare 2s 1100mAh packs, the one in my dremel died and I could use a replacement its the only thing stopping me doing a BL conversioin and getting me away from my old corded one.