Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radtek Powerboats 24" and 92" Catamarans

Default Radtek Powerboats 24" and 92" Catamarans

Ok, as promised, here is the website and video.

www.radtekpowerboats.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfRrWrMTyAw

The video is rough, we will have better soon. Also one of the $10 chinese test motors failed just after this video and you can hear me complaining about it. We will be testing the little screamers motors this week.

If you haven't been on any of the other threads, our boats are just finishing testing and we will hopefully have them for sale soon. The are based off the dimensions of the full size offshore powerboats. They are made of all carbon fiber or carbon/kevlar hybrid.

Please ask any questions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sweet!
    Twin power =

do you have any pics of the hardware that you were using?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi Justintime2w8

Awesome boat! well done.

Is the boat using counter rotating prop or same direction rotation prop?

Cheers

JC

can you give us a price range for the 24 " cat??

X2

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    do you have any pics of the hardware that you were using?!?!?!?!?!?
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

Another great question? X2

Quote Originally Posted by jerome888business View Post
    Hi Justintime2w8

Awesome boat! well done.

Is the boat using counter rotating prop or same direction rotation prop?

Cheers

JC
    HPR115 x2 ,Dark Horse Shovel, Delta Force CyberStorm, Delta Force Sniper 23-RTR:

This should answer both questions. Now, this is just test stuff, so don't critique appearance. This is the hardware used in the video. All bought from OSE! CR? Why not.

Just noticed I think I miss categorized the thread, you all can move it if you need to.

love the commentary on the vid

Yea, sorry this was not intended to be the promo video. That is coming though.

Any idea on price for the 24"?

Is it going to be possible to get this boat without the hole for the antenna to come through?

No holes will be drilled in a bare hull, if that helps. I went with an external antenna due to the carbon-fiber, that and I am over cautious.
    Here is a pic of what black carbon will look like. We will have better pics of this hull soon.

just say the word and i will pay whatever you want for this!!!!

were you running 380`s on the twin?
    what props?
    kv on the motors?

one of the pics is now my desktop backround

very cool!
    will that 24" do a full throttle turn?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I was wondering that too? I have one on the way so I will run the heck out of it! This is going to be a great summer for sure.

Scott

Like my gas KOS, it does not corner well and I think because it's so dang narrow?
    slow to mid speeds look good, but not full throttle
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

All fast boats slide in a corner.with a cat turn right and the right side of the cat does the turning and the left side slides abit because the small over powered boats go so fast. the left side slides a bit so you need some angle to alow the water to pass under the left side. the MM has the right angle and width to make it one of the best turning cats to date. look at the back of a mm and look at the back of this cat. this cat has planing strakes on it and the ones on the out side will hook up in a turn and flip the boat. I would like one but I wold like the planing strakes taken off. this would make it turn much better. put some kind of removable filler in the planing strakes in the mold and make one with a bottom like a MM and it will turn better and then sell one like that to me.
    Old Guy
    remember it's all about the laminar flow

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    All fast boats slide in a corner.with a cat turn right and the right side of the cat does the turning and the left side slides abit because the small over powered boats go so fast. the left side slides a bit so you need some angle to alow the water to pass under the left side. the MM has the right angle and width to make it one of the best turning cats to date. look at the back of a mm and look at the back of this cat. this cat has planing strakes on it and the ones on the out side will hook up in a turn and flip the boat. I would like one but I wold like the planing strakes taken off. this would make it turn much better. put some kind of removable filler in the planing strakes in the mold and make one with a bottom like a MM and it will turn better and then sell one like that to me.
    Old Guy
    remember it's all about the laminar flow
    ok, way over my head...
    is there anything I could do to my Gas KOS to make it take the coners at full speed?

Turn fins!! J/K

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    ok, way over my head...
    is there anything I could do to my Gas KOS to make it take the coners at full speed?

Brushless 55 e-mail me some pics of the bottom of your boat in side and out. The inside need to be close ups and of the out sides bottoms. The out sides I will need one from the back to. If the 92 is the same as the 24 It can be fixed.
    e-mail model12@shaw.ca
    Old Guy

The length to width also is a large contributor to the hull's running characteristics. For example, the mean machine may corner well, but I have not seen any break the 100mph mark. The hulls we build are scaled off the real thing and perform similarly.

Hi Justin,
    I wanted to know what Kv the motors in that video were too? The motors I gave Rad to test for the current 24" cat are 4500Kv.

Those were 5100kv, but really junky. Rad is going to run yours and I am going to run a little better set of 4000kv. We should have videos next week some time.

A little "better" set than the 5100's Due to the load loss the 5100's had, our 4500's make more torque and will hold closer to their rated Kv

Ok, the little screamers are to be tested tomorrow, hopefully.

Can't wait to see more video's and the test results. Otherwise how is everything coming along Justin?

Quote Originally Posted by justintime2w8 View Post
    Ok, the little screamers are to be tested tomorrow, hopefully.

Good, so far, I am getting excited about performance. Seeing how well the boat ran with the cheapie motors the hull should literally fly with the current two setups we have. Should have more videos later in the week. We hope to get a radar gun on them too.
    Other than that I am selling the pair of Neu's I traded you for. Obviously, I have many other projects that need the funds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast