Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hot and rocking at BBY

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    How'd she run Randy?
    He'll be arriving at my place around midnight tonight. I'll ask him to post a report.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

This is Randy on Properchoppers computer
    I did not get to run it too much at Heather farms, the pond was small and there was way too many kid around. I had to rethink the CG with the sponsons foward, the cg is about three inches back from the rear of the sponson. I ran it twice once the cg was right. I had messed up the ESC and only had 1/4 throttle but it worked good other wise. We will get some video this weekend.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Tony/Randy,

You guys going out to Legg today to practice?

We'll see you guys out there tomorrow at the crack of dawn.

Tyler

Tyler, Randy's heading out there now [10:00 AM], I'll be there tomorrow. Good Times !!

Sounds good

Back from the A.L. SAW's Manny thanks to Properchopper for his hospitality, What a bud. Thanks to Wilmer for all his help too. The Seismic Amigos put on a great event again!

While getting settled back in to work again I stumbled on a cool way to cap your connectors while setting them up for parallel or sceries setups. I added a little shrink warp to the neg side of the connectors and cut it with a Exacto knife.

I realized that it could be put back on if stretched a little with needle nose pliers. It is alos nice to have the extra shrink a little long to have a good handle on the cap.

I am able to link the batteries in series like so. I will post more as the build goes.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Randy screw the text updates.
    I want to see a webcam with pan and tilt. That would be very cool!

In all seriousness, this text/blog is a cool idea, thanks for letting us in on your activities!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Randy screw the text updates.
    I want to see a webcam with pan and tilt. That would be very cool!

In all seriousness, this text/blog is a cool idea, thanks for letting us in on your activities!
    Thanks Steve, I do have a Skype account it could work on the pan and scan setup, but then my my flatulence would be too apparent.

Any back to the tip, end result of the 10S2P
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, do you make a mid 30s" Zephyer Hydro ?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Randy, do you make a mid 30s" Zephyer Hydro ?
    I have a 34 inch sport hydro in process. I started it a while ago. It needs a little work to get it done.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    I have a 34 inch sport hydro in process. I started it a while ago. It needs a little work to get it done.
    any pictures you could share?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

well I have a couple other thoughts too. I have two War eagles in 34 and 36 inches. Link.
    http://www.dmwb.org/forum/viewtopic....24ef86c85c2fb2

In pictures 4 is the 36 inch version in the link below. In the fifth picture is the 30 inch sport hydro I have been procrastinating over for about 5 years.
    http://www.dmwb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35

Geezzzz this three day work week went fast.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

good stuff man!

Really settled back in to work yesterday, I got this hull joined yesterday and a bunch of other stuff I will show later.
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 04-06-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

...and a bunch of other stuff I will show later.
    I can't wait!!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This is a little nitro boat Of course it started as electric, but the construction of the new wings and cowl (to be done a little later) for the all time favorite Blue Blaster is interesting so I thought I would show it. I have been working on the boat for the last two days got a bit done. It will be done in a little while, like a few more days of work and a little mold work for the new Blue blaster cowl to match the wings. This is the mock up shot.

Rear view

front view.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Wow! I love that wing!
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I took the header from AQ and cut it to fit the boat. I need to order some screws to fit this setup.

I also have just about finished Dannys boat.

By randyatbby at 2010-04-15
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Music of the day Jeffery Fredrick's Clamtones Let me down.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I have been on a 3 day trip to get a car for my son. It was a 1971 Impala drop top with 130,000 miles we went up to Seattle Sunday on a plane. then rented a PT cruiser drove out and looked at the car. Had lunch to digest what we saw and made a offer that was excepted and drove to Portland Ore. that night. Then drove to Arebuckel CA. by 10;00pm We had charging trouble on the last leg of the trip. I thought it was a starter, two battery's later we made it home by 5;00PM on Tuesday night.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

It may not seem like it now, but you'll look back on that time and smile.

Quality time is something that money cannot buy!!! Even if there were troubles I know it was fun.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    It may not seem like it now, but you'll look back on that time and smile.
    It was a great time! I had a lot of fun with my son. He also said he will listen to me more too!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I will be pulling Mark's hull from the mold today. I have a cold wish I could stay home and vedge!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, did you get my email? Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hatch tape works for me! Just a little humor for the day.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Randy, did you get my email? Sorry to hear that you're sick. Hatch tape works for me! Just a little humor for the day.
    Yes just responded.
    I think I should wrap my whole head.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

...I think I should wrap my whole head.
    Got it. Just be sure to watch the seams!

You know, slobber wipes off the hardware better than the hulls for the day. Try some different music, that's what I do when I have to work on a vehicle and am unmotivated. Try the band "Cake" if you have any. They're enough to be distracting and still get work done. LOL
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Got it. Just be sure to watch the seams!

You know, slobber wipes off the hardware better than the hulls for the day. Try some different music, that's what I do when I have to work on a vehicle and am unmotivated. Try the band "Cake" if you have any. They're enough to be distracting and still get work done. LOL
    I did that at home this morning, But I forgot my Ipod and I am stuck with CD's at work.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Work for the day, it does not seem like much. But each and every one of the shafts are perfect! Straight, and the drilling for the center hole is PERFECT! each shaft fit like a glove. They are air drying after cleaning.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I finished the last mold for my Lift Master N2 this morning. I will be building a N2 SAW rigger soon!
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast