Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hot and rocking at BBY

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Tony use the junk you have or trade for something. I am just buying tires and sticking them on something I have. but then I do not sell much of my old junkand keep building new stuff. Scratch is ware it is at for me. It is just a little slower to get done.
    That XTM Sand rail does sound cool!

Will did you go to RC4WD?
    I did go to rc4wd I'm ordering that tube Chassis maybe drop it off with you for like 3 nights so you can design a buggy style rail.

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    You Guys are killin' me.....Last week the XTM 4WD Sand Rail was on sale at Hobby People for $299 !!!! Had paddles in stock. Live 1/2 mile from beach. I need $$ to build one more boat for AZ. I wont buy the Rail..., I won't...I really musn't....
    Just for you Tony!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfy9fU0ROLc
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I love playing in sand.

Here is a video of us playing in the box. I had a lot more video of when we switched over to lipos but my comp crashed and I lost most of it. Maybe I can find some and upload it.

If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed!

Paddle tires are so much fun in the dirt!
    Revo 6XL on 3s
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Hear is my tires I just got them. I am definitely using bead locks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    I love playing in sand.

Here is a video of us playing in the box. I had a lot more video of when we switched over to lipos but my comp crashed and I lost most of it. Maybe I can find some and upload it.

That looks soo cool thanks for sharing. some day I will get to go back to the islands.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by BakedMopar View Post
    I love playing in sand.

'

Baked, I'm heading over in late January. I'll be staying on Kauai, but possibly island hopping, I'm bringin' my buggies!

I've got the most vast collection of traxxas vehicles and parts ever and I'm building a buggy based on the old school blue eagle chassis.

I'm throwing in all vxl tranny internals to bullet proof the sob this will be fun.

I have been making great progress on the boat.

Randy
    BBY Racing

More done yesterday front booms secured turn fin on the SAW Sponsons are next.

Randy
    BBY Racing

Boy you have cupped the *!***!***!***!** out of that prop what is it a 6719/3 SS ? nice looking hull what are the specs on it lenght and width although a 6719/3 would be a monster for a FE boat !!! thanks chris
    Last edited by dasboata; 01-07-2011 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Boy you have cupped the *!***!***!***!** out of that prop what is it a 6719/3 SS ? nice looking hull what are the specs on it lenght and width although a 6719/3 would be a monster for a FE boat !!! thanks chris
    Ya you got a ESC that can pull 300 amps? That is what the 6719/3 pulls off the line. We did 98MPH with a V947, SAW is 39 inches this one is a P Hydro at 34 inches
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Ya you got a ESC that can pull 300 amps? That is what the 6719/3 pulls off the line. We did 98MPH with a V947, SAW is 39 inches this one is a P Hydro at 34 inches
    Did anyone ever put a gas motor in the 39 ? you should realy have me do you a SS-6719/3 for you I have guys with gas boats doing over 70 MPH at185000 RPM I like the rigger thanks chris

Quote Originally Posted by dasboata View Post
    Did anyone ever put a gas motor in the 39 ? you should realy have me do you a SS-6719/3 for you I have guys with gas boats doing over 70 MPH at185000 RPM I like the rigger thanks chris
    I bought one from Bob Austin and tried it on my Pro Boat with 10S2P a Little screamer motor and blew the 40.160 and had to send to Schultz for repair I think that cost me $378.00 I need to get a 3080 with a Kv of 820 to make the boat work I need to wait for summer when I can afford that motor. Schultz If the esc wouls have held I would have been running about 80mph.

On another note I just got a email from a customer in L.A. This what he said about my SC33.

Hey Randy,

Ray from Robins Hobby here!
    The cat finally got wet yesterday! I just want to thank you for all of your help
    and guidance! Simply put, that boat is incredible! It exceeded my wildest
    expectations! It flies across the water and handled like a dream!
    Unbelievable!!!!
    Once again, I can't thank you enough! After I get it painted, I will send you
    pics!
    Cordially,
    Ray
    Btw: I am running a castle/neu 1520 on 6s with a 45mm prop! I took your advice
    and bought thunder power 45c pro series batteries. I also put in a futaba PCM
    radio! I don't trust 2.4s yet!:)

Sent from my iPhone
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Hey Randy, what's the SC33?

Scat Cat 33

The new Scat Cat 33 is in it final stages of assembly
    Newest CF/FG hull ready to clean PVA off with cold water and paint.

Randy
    BBY Racing

very cool!

Not feeling great I have not had a cold in 3 or 4 years. finally caught me. I took the day off may have to take tomorrow off too.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, the cat's really coming along! Very nice. Any design changes or lessons learned you've incorporated over the last few months?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Scat Cat 33

The new Scat Cat 33 is in it final stages of assembly
    Newest CF/FG hull ready to clean PVA off with cold water and paint.

That is Sooo Tasty !! P-Offshore anyone ??
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Randy, the cat's really coming along! Very nice. Any design changes or lessons learned you've incorporated over the last few months?
    Funny you should ask I have been developing the boat and it is step by step. Not too long ago I finished the new hatch mold to make FG cowls. I have the molds to do all the Styrene and in time I will be upgrading my oven to ABS and will make a lipo friendlily products for the bigger boats. I now just need to build the two side scoops for the Scat Cat 33. They keep changing each year, Last year the intake scoops on the side of each hatch were real small. Now they are the same size and the one in the middle. I have a plug for the small ones and I really like the bigger ones too. I have so many projects I have not rqn the boat in a while. My test boat was not finished and got hit by a bass nesting last year and needs to be repaired and painted to continue the testing.

Other news on FE racing 1/8 scale in District 9. I have two 1/8 scale hulls and was going to loan one to Willmer. Daymon is getting his ready. Fred is a little slow on his. There is a few others that have boats and are thinking, like James Costa. We Just need a core group to get it rolling and we will pick up more. I also have the boat that Dan and I started for the memorial boat to finish. There is more on a list at work. I have two extra of the motors that would make these boats fordable, the little screamers.
    Randy
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 01-19-2011 at 07:21 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Check it out Willmer got a little done while I am recuperating on the sand buggy, I might go with a brushed motor to start off with I have a extra brushed ESC that could be switched between two sand rigs.

Randy
    BBY Racing

Default Check me out

I have been back at the mold work made a little progress on the Blue Blaster cowl for the Zephyer 27.

While I was working on the Lift Master I am painting now I have been working on these two bucks, Blue Blaster cowl and the Smoking Joe's deck Buck mold.

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 01-24-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Well it is done,

Randy
    BBY Racing

It's Pink?

Looks great Randy!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

We could do different shades and make it a Circus Circus boat Or I was thinking Pink Panther racing??? Tracy you out there?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Smokin' Joe is lookin' great Randy! I can see how the hatch will seal now. Very nice.

Not sure if you guys were aware, but Tamiya re-released the "SuperChamp" dune buggy. Great car for some scale looking sand dune runs!!! Gotta love this video from the early 80's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzuL3K9mZ7c

I've always loved those vids, the Super Champ was my first car I got it for xmas 1983 I was nine lol..

randy do you have any plans for a mini liftmaster?

Quote Originally Posted by hazegry View Post
    randy do you have any plans for a mini liftmaster?

I make a 21 inch version of th Lift Master. Did you want smaller?
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 02-04-2011 at 12:50 AM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast