Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What is hot and rocking at BBY

Default What is hot and rocking at BBY

I have a Daily up date on my site now. If any one is wondering what I am up to check it out!

I am posting thoughts of the day and what I realy did and did not do. Like today I did not get much done for all my scuffing around. I have 65 members lets see how we can build it up.

http://www.dmwb.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 03-05-2010 at 08:35 PM.
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Hint of the Day: It is Sunday morning and the sun is out. I am getting my boats ready to go to Spreckels Lake In Golden Gate Park. All are welcome to bring out there FE boats and going in or just come and visit. I will be at the pond at 1:00PM or so. I will be on the north side of the pond.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

The wind came up and it is too ruff to run until sun set possibly.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Wish I could be there Randy
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Well I did not get out of the shop today. I worked on two boats all day. Two little riggers one is 21 inches and the other is my spec boat. more later if I have time.

Danny I wish we had a state for all the RC dudes to play together all the time.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by RandyatBBY View Post
    Danny I wish we had a state for all the RC dudes to play together all the time.
    Randy I think that is a great idea.... although, I fear the rest of our "lives" would collapse around the pond.....
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Randy I think that is a great idea.... although, I fear the rest of our "lives" would collapse around the pond.....
    Ya that is true but I love racing and getting together with boaters.

I think I should have called this thread state of mind at BBY. This morning I was working on molds the Mini Zephyer. I limited my self from 10:00AM to 1:00PM to get the work done on the bottom mold it is a rough out and for testing the idea. I have more plans for the boat but that will come later. Right now I just need to get one built to test so it is gona be a little rough, just like my state of mind.

Now I need to get going on orders.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Today has been a good day, Other than it so nice out side, a High of 61 degrees and sunny My dog would not stop bothering me he wanted to lay in the sun for as long as possible on his leak breaks. I so want to take a boat out and test.
    I got a lot done on some hardware sets and pulled Danny's Carbon fiber Zephyer out of the mold, it is one of the best ones yet! It is going to be a real fast one real light too! Sneak peek....... I put in Kevlar on the deck thanks for being so cool. free be. Have you got the hard drive yet?
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy... You're awesome! I will keep you posted on the HDD.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Looks great Randy. How come the hardware is upside-down? LOL, J/K.

What are you hiding under there I wonder? Is that the mini? => just a guess from the prop, but after looking again, it looks like a mono
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    Looks great Randy. How come the hardware is upside-down? LOL, J/K.

What are you hiding under there I wonder? Is that the mini? => just a guess from the prop, but after looking again, it looks like a mono
    It is the War Zone Jr. I have set up to run. I took it ot the pond on Sunday and there was about 4 kids asking questions and I got distracted and pluged the reciever pack in backwards on the Nomadio and it burnt up the ESC and the Receiver, no fail safe protection.

The Mini Zephyer will be pulled from the mold on Friday. I do not have a cowl yet. This everyones chance to for in input for design on the cowl
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I vote Turbine style like the Pro boat hydros, bur the turbine is hollow to allow air flow through it rather than a wind catch. but sealed from the hatch.

I could do a two part cowl that the scoop and turbine exhaust shroud is added later. I like that, the center of the pickle is sloped forward in a light vee.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I was hoping it was some secret project! Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I vote Turbine style like the Pro boat hydros, bur the turbine is hollow to allow air flow through it rather than a wind catch. but sealed from the hatch.
    All too often I have difficulty with blowing over a turbine style hull due to the wind catch. Plus with a hollow pass-through turbine, it will feature a more realistic presentation.

Sorry to hear about the receiver and ESC, but we all get distracted sometimes. I ran 14.4+Volts into a 7s 5090kv motor when I wasn't paying attention. It ran great!!! ....for a while...

For the mini Zephyer, are there any plans to make the front of the center section more aerodynamic? Or are you concerned about too much lift/downforce/ground effect?
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

Quote Originally Posted by Meniscus View Post
    I was hoping it was some secret project! Oh well

All too often I have difficulty with blowing over a turbine style hull due to the wind catch. Plus with a hollow pass-through turbine, it will feature a more realistic presentation.

Sorry to hear about the receiver and ESC, but we all get distracted sometimes. I ran 14.4+Volts into a 7s 5090kv motor when I wasn't paying attention. It ran great!!! ....for a while...

For the mini Zephyer, are there any plans to make the front of the center section more aerodynamic? Or are you concerned about too much lift/downforce/ground effect?
    It is about secret as I get. at the SAW's I will be running the all new boat.

It will have the blow threw scoop sealed from the inside of the boat. It could be run with out the scoop too.
    On the front and bottom of the boat it is designed to have little aerodynamic lift and ground affect with the front being a defuser style.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

If you make one for the Z27 too, I'm first in line for it!

If you make one for the Z27 too, I'm first in line for it!

I need to do something for the Nitro Z-27 But it is more like just a rear turbine shroud added to the cowl.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, any idea when I might be getting my hydro? My viper is coming apart at the seams and I am missing alot of big races due to not having a boat to run.

Thanks,
    Mark
    SV27 STOCK, SV27 MODIFIED, H&M VIPER, LAP CAT 27" TUNNEL, TS2, 31 RICO, 22" KEYWEST CAT, RAPTOR AND THERE WILL BE MORE!

Quote Originally Posted by mpg43 View Post
    Randy, any idea when I might be getting my hydro? My viper is coming apart at the seams and I am missing alot of big races due to not having a boat to run.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Good things take time. You want the best. I can not rush it or it will not be what you want. I will show pictures of the plug to show progress on my site.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, If you need time to complete Mark's boat, you can back burner mine for a little while.

I had no boat to run all of 2009, a bit longer isn't going to kill me!

Randy, If you need time to complete Mark's boat, you can back burner mine for a little while.

I had no boat to run all of 2009, a bit longer isn't going to kill me!
    I am building a New Mold for the Z-27 for the deck and the hatch. Then the new hull needs to be made and he wants it to be perfect. No flaws at all that takes time for my best days.

Monday 3/14/10 was a normal day of nothing but people coming and going, phone calls and emails. no real work building boats done.

Tuesday I layed up a micro Scat Cat and built wing molds for the Z-27. I also preped (sandes seams) for the CF Lift Master SAW boat for

Today is going good so far Joined Norvell's hull and the next thing to do is join Paul F sponsons. and if all goes well start on the Nitro Z-27

I ended up building a hardware set for my friend Butch. he has been waiting on brackets for three weeks. Did not get to the sponsons nor the Z-27 molds on wed 3/16/10
    Last edited by RandyatBBY; 03-18-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Oh.
    Okay then... ME FIRST!!

Good morning all. Nice day out sunny 51 degrees, gona get up to 76 to day. Waiting on my son to come over and have breakfast.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Sat evening Working on my little saw boat.

Randy
    BBY Racing

That is a beautiful boat. How long is she?

That is a beautiful boat. How long is she?
    21.100 inches, got motor in. Pic later
    Randy
    BBY Racing

Randy, Is that another Lift Master in the background of the last pic ? Would it be for sale soon ?

Quote Originally Posted by Philmunsterman View Post
    Randy, Is that another Lift Master in the background of the last pic ? Would it be for sale soon ?
    That one is spoken for. I build to order. If you want one, contact me and put in a deposit and I will build you one.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

I finished the build on the On the Mini Zephyer and took it out for the trail runs.

Last edited by RandyatBBY; 10-06-2010 at 02:12 AM.
    Randy
    BBY Racing

How'd she run Randy?

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast