Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New video of the P-1 !!

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    this boat in a dual set up like the C1 would murder alot of other boats let alone upgrades or aftermarket ESC and motors on say 5S balanced would be very impressive. Looks like the hull can take some speed...I might buy this boat also if I can get my C1 set up nice and stop losing shafts then my money will be in parts not another boat lmao!!!
    A dual brushless mono? That would be interesting.

that's a good point Nate about the 2.4g radio
    Last edited by Brushless55; 03-13-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

this boat in a dual set up like the C1 would murder alot of other boats let alone upgrades or aftermarket ESC and motors on say 5S balanced would be very impressive. Looks like the hull can take some speed...I might buy this boat also if I can get my C1 set up nice and stop losing shafts then my money will be in parts not another boat lmao!!!
    Dual setups do not work in monos at all.

Just buy the hull from the company they import from and drop in a big single of 5s for some big speeds
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Is the KOS hull just a HOTR cat?

Rumdog, I don't think it is..
    I had a EKOS and it did not look like one to me

Also really Wish Venom had not taken there Excite hydro and basically copied the Vortex Hydro design.

IMO, People that want a Brushless ready hydro, are looking for (atleast) a 25" Hull...22" ...Really? WTF.

Venom would had touched my heart with a 4s 30-32" Brushless RTR Hydro.

I like building hulls, but also really enjoy building and modding the RTR's as well.

My $110
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

I'm pretty sure it's the exact same hull as the delta. IMO that hull rocks. I built one and though it's small, iy would easily outperform a ul-1. No chine walk at all super stable and FAST!!

Ahh, I have seen some that are fast....

In calm calm water...

Here, there's always wind and rough sea's lol
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Also really Wish Venom had not taken there Excite hydro and basically copied the Vortex Hydro design.

IMO, People that want a Brushless ready hydro, are looking for (atleast) a 25" Hull...22" ...Really? WTF.

Venom would had touched my heart with a 4s 30-32" Brushless RTR Hydro.

I like building hulls, but also really enjoy building and modding the RTR's as well.

My $110
    very possible it is the same hull and they put their name on it
    from what I know they don't build much of anything, just relabel it

Well either way I run my boats in the ocean..mostly in harbor channel bays where the water is glassy all the time on normal days..and whale slick on no wind days...a lil bit harder to keep clean on metal parts but WD-40 mixed with fresh water thru the water cooling lines and johnsons/evinrude blue grease on all shafts works amazingly..to me thats the trut testing ground. Lakes are awesome but the ocean where most of the full size mono's and Cats run is almost sick...which is why I like the KOS's cause you can adjust the props to keep the bow up or down depending on the water conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboardfusion View Post
    Chris are you guys in hayden still or in rathdrum now? Im in spokane/cda. Would love to get with you guys sometime and see your boats in action. Looks like you are running them down in CDA at riverstone? I think thats the center name at least.
    We moved to Rathdrum into a larger facility. We do test out at that lake and just call it Lake Bardinay since thats the name of the restaurant there. Its actually a CDA city park and yes Riverstone is the name of the mall complex.
    In the summer we plan to run boats there and try to organize something with the local hobby shop. We run electrics mostly, gas boats bug the restaurant.
    We dont announce boat testing but if we are going to run for fun there I could shoot you an email.

Chris
    VENOM RACING R&D

Yeah, if you want pm me when you guys go out.

Chris when those flex shafts coming in bro..tired of looking at my KOS on its stand on my dresser..she needs to get wet..the seals are gona dry rot if not lol....

Chris when those flex shafts coming in bro..tired of looking at my KOS on its stand on my dresser..she needs to get wet..the seals are gona dry rot if not lol....
    I believe Jeff Wohlt was gearing up to sell the EKOS flex shafts. Give him a pm.

i would try it 6s, why temp us with a 6s esc if its not recomended.If i wanted to spend 350 on a 4s boat i would go to my local hobby store and buy a proboay or aquacraft so it wouldnt take 2 weeks to get parts. Plus proboat and aquacraft are reputable and have upgrades. Nothing against venom but they are necomers. By the way i was thinking about buying one. I have some boats that can use there electronics while i use the hardware and shell for a nue 6s setup.I seems to be a good starting point

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    i would try it 6s, why temp us with a 6s esc if its not recomended.If i wanted to spend 350 on a 4s boat i would go to my local hobby store and buy a proboay or aquacraft so it wouldnt take 2 weeks to get parts. Plus proboat and aquacraft are reputable and have upgrades. Nothing against venom but they are necomers. By the way i was thinking about buying one. I have some boats that can use there electronics while i use the hardware and shell for a nue 6s setup.I seems to be a good starting point
    Aquacraft has a new Cat coming out this year!

where can we see it

Quote Originally Posted by Alexgar View Post
    where can we see it
    Grim is still testing it..

sweet maybe they will have parts ready when you need it then lol no but if venom would get on the ball with parts they would be golden...seems alot of people buy from them so why not get all those things ready anyways....owell we will see....

Aquacraft keeps extras all the time...

ive got my lsh stocking my proboat stuuf after about a year of ordering products through them(same price they dont charge shipping)

Quote Originally Posted by Drag Boat Bob View Post
    I believe Jeff Wohlt was gearing up to sell the EKOS flex shafts. Give him a pm.
    Whats his screen name that would be awesome since I can't get mine any time soon...had a guy here that had some..come to find out his smallest boat was a 55 inch and his biggest boat was 88 inch's...I must say I felt small with my boat in that work shop lol but then again he runs those in the ocean or chop where it wouldn't really matter but electrics are better power to weight....either way I need to find some place that sells flex shafts in I think either 3mm or 4mm don't remember what it is...I'd even use two right shafts right now..don't see how that wouldn't still work personally...

Just got a $200 gift card to tower hobbies from my wife for my b-day. Put in my order for the P-1. Got it for $289 with $60 off on-line coupon. Stock status used to show mid-april but now says "on order". We'll see how long it takes.

cant wait for you to get your p1 shoot some video.I want one but not until i see the quality and performance

Whats his screen name that would be awesome since I can't get mine any time soon...had a guy here that had some..come to find out his smallest boat was a 55 inch and his biggest boat was 88 inch's...I must say I felt small with my boat in that work shop lol but then again he runs those in the ocean or chop where it wouldn't really matter but electrics are better power to weight....either way I need to find some place that sells flex shafts in I think either 3mm or 4mm don't remember what it is...I'd even use two right shafts right now..don't see how that wouldn't still work personally...
    I tried two same side shafts in order to run different props. It wouldnt even go straight. I got it up to 20mph on gps and brought it back in. It was too unstable.

LOL sorry to say I have two right shafts in right now..trying to figure out how to get the left in with out getting caught in the tubing maybe some plastic tape but she runs great actually no problems what so ever just like it did with the right shafts in..my biggest concern is spare hex screws these are so small that they esily strip with light torque...might go to the hardware store and check for some...that would help alot..

LOL sorry to say I have two right shafts in right now..trying to figure out how to get the left in with out getting caught in the tubing maybe some plastic tape but she runs great actually no problems what so ever just like it did with the right shafts in..my biggest concern is spare hex screws these are so small that they esily strip with light torque...might go to the hardware store and check for some...that would help alot..
    I had same issue with set screws. Couldnt get them tight enough. Then they would strip. I bought some longer screws with a larger head at the hardware store. They used a slightly bigger allen wrench. Problem solved! If you use larger screws, be sure to switch both screws on each coupler to ensure you dont have any out-of-balance issues.

Its pretty cool to see a model of the real boat that I helped rig. We made alot of changes to the boat for the second season of racing. Thats some pretty good detail on the entire boat.

Man I love the scale look of this thing!
    Last edited by tomstoys2; 04-30-2010 at 12:10 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast