Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New video of the P-1 !!

Default New video of the P-1 !!

Venom has a new video of the 35-inch P-1 mono on their website. Video is of it running on one of their 3200mah 4S packs.

Last edited by forescott; 03-07-2010 at 12:00 PM.

Looks good!

Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

At stock, It looks like they may have this one right over the EKOS... speeds looks nice.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I agree! Id like to know the stats on the motor though. KV-rating??

probably pretty low KV motor if only a 60amp esc? Hopefully not much over 1500
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Well here is where we are going one better and the EKOS will benefit as well. We are going to outrunners which means more reliable motors and better torque while lowering amps. The P1 in the video is running on a 4S 3200 pack and our 60A Marine ESC just to give you an idea and the motor is 2000KV. The running temps are very low, under 120F.
    The hull is very stable and handles chop very well at speed. I didnt have a radar gun on it for speed that run though.
    More to come!
    VENOM RACING R&D

wow that video just reconfirms my lust for this boat!

Does this mean outrunners in the ekos?

can we get a video of it on 6s? Like you did with the EKOS when you did a video showing the different types of batteries.

6s, not a good idea, at all!

Quote Originally Posted by illz302 View Post
    can we get a video of it on 6s? Like you did with the EKOS when you did a video showing the different types of batteries.
    what is it with you guys and wanting to throw more battery at every thing that comes along?
    learn to tweak your set ups first, the speed will come! 4s is more than enough for that size of hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
    Well here is where we are going one better and the EKOS will benefit as well. We are going to outrunners which means more reliable motors and better torque while lowering amps. The P1 in the video is running on a 4S 3200 pack and our 60A Marine ESC just to give you an idea and the motor is 2000KV. The running temps are very low, under 120F.
    The hull is very stable and handles chop very well at speed. I didnt have a radar gun on it for speed that run though.
    More to come!

thats a neat looking boat!

8 running pics from venom on radiocontrolzone http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/show...6&postcount=24

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    what is it with you guys and wanting to throw more battery at every thing that comes along?
    learn to tweak your set ups first, the speed will come! 4s is more than enough for that size of hull.
    ditto
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

They are the ones that will bitch when things go

Also, notice in the vid that it says the controller can handle up to 6S.........nothing stated about the motors being able to take 6S.....I say that if you want to try 6S, don't complain to the manufacturer if things fail.

Or maybe I was just looking to have a 35 inch boat that is faster than my Velocity Cat it sure didnt look faster on that 4s setup what is is with everyone being so critical of what other people want to do with their money why not just let them do what they want if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it?

There are some voices of reason after all! lol
    Yes the ESC is rated to 6s, the OR motor 5S, the prop 4S and we suggest 3-4S. What you do with this info from this point is up to you. There is a special condition for using the 60A Marine ESC on 6S; you must use a seperate BEC.
    Yes the EKOS will get dual OR motors soon. Both the P1 and C1 have a lot of power and performance potential in their stock forms. You can learn a lot just from props and CG adjustments before you go big on power.
    VENOM RACING R&D

Chris are you guys in hayden still or in rathdrum now? Im in spokane/cda. Would love to get with you guys sometime and see your boats in action. Looks like you are running them down in CDA at riverstone? I think thats the center name at least.

This boat looks so good scale... I think I'll throw in the tactic radio and wireless receiver to do away with that antenna.

Or maybe I was just looking to have a 35 inch boat that is faster than my Velocity Cat it sure didnt look faster on that 4s setup what is is with everyone being so critical of what other people want to do with their money why not just let them do what they want if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it?
    do what you want!!! I would be willing to be that Venom tested this boat on other setups before arriving at this one to make it cost effective and not an all out $1000 dollar race boat. It was designed to look realistic not ballistic.

and that must be ONE HOT WOMAN

It isn't being critical. It is trying to be helpful. You can learn from the experience of others, or choose the hard way. Like you said though, it's your money, so do what you want with it.

I agree with you about learning it just looked a little on the slow side for my tastes but then again so is just about everything to me

I agree with you about learning it just looked a little on the slow side for my tastes but then again so is just about everything to me
    ahh your one of those guys!!!

"warp speed Mr. Scott"

Default College

illz302
    ...if everyone thought the same we would have 50 billion men chasing one woman and thats not good is it?

and that must be ONE HOT WOMAN
    Hmm, reminds me of engineering college!!!1

Actually, I like it. Good speed, jump waves, run in rough water and have the kids run it. Should be able to have a good run time and be able to use lower cost lipo's!

Scale: i do not like the enclosed cockpits on the v hulls. I want a 30" boat, a open cockpit with drivers, and I would like a steerable outdrive. I know that last one will cause some flames, but it is me.

Brian

What's the prognosis for replacement parts for this one?
    -Chief

I still think the C1 is a quicker faster boat with more potential..I'm sure they have gotten the whole losing flex shaft issues sorted out but once that is done with the C1 you really have a good boat..I wasn't impressed with the 4s lipo set up...ran good and looks like fun but maybe a better KV motor and ESC in the same price range as the C1 and you probably would have had an awesome single motor boat...

I wonder what the speed was on 4s?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

this boat in a dual set up like the C1 would murder alot of other boats let alone upgrades or aftermarket ESC and motors on say 5S balanced would be very impressive. Looks like the hull can take some speed...I might buy this boat also if I can get my C1 set up nice and stop losing shafts then my money will be in parts not another boat lmao!!!

All this work on the boat and It doesn't include 2.4? Wow.
    LMT
    LehnerMotorenTechnik.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast