Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Salir.............

Default Hey Salir.............

Are you going to be carrying these? http://www.ripmax.com/item.asp?itemi...ry=050-010-010

I would love to see one in brushless form. Plus they are so cheap some of the younger crowd could get into the hobby for far less money and not have to have a big lake available to them!

BTW here is a video i found of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uf9zqzjlQo&NR=1

thats a cool little mono nice find

thats what I thought and it will be bada** with a BL system in it. Besides it already looks pretty quick for a brushed system but thats prob because its so small!

that little guy is so cool!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

that thing is awesome!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I have seen that little guy before, pretty sweet if you ask me!

wait how long is it???

That looks deceptively cheap, 40 UK monetary units (that's like $60 right?) man what a steal - and it looks cool. How does one obtain?

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    wait how long is it???
    Specification
    Length: 225mm (Hull) / 270mm (Total)

Weight: 125g (Model Only)
    Beam: 70mm

ya gotta scroll some, eh?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

length 225mm is 8.8 inches
    beam 70mm is 2.7 inches

ok i think i might buy one because ive always wanted a super duper small mono lol but it would be nice if sailr imported them

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
    ok i think i might buy one because ive always wanted a super duper small mono lol but it would be nice if sailr imported them

+1 I would def buy one

Sorry, but no, we will not carry them. We evaluated whether or not to carry them but they are really relegated to the "toy" class. We decided we would rather continue our tradition of offering quality fiberglass brushless mini's rather than venture into the Radio Shack market. We have taken on items before after posts saying "I will buy it" only to turn out that the item just sits in our warehouse with sparse sales. We are a very small company (pun intended) and can't carry everything under the sun.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Understood Salir but since you have looked at these before can you tell us what kind of material the hull is made out of?

I emailed a company that I think sells these..
    I hope to have an answer from them within a week, they always take 5 to 7 days to answer me..
    They should be a small price as they also sell the mini Vs and Cats, I can get those shipped cheaper than I've seen even on ebay
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

55 let me know how that goes are you going to be importing them or just buying a few for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by illz302 View Post
    55 let me know how that goes are you going to be importing them or just buying a few for yourself?
    If this guy has them I will let you know the cost, and order as many as we will need.

nice ok my wallet is jumping up and down in a frenzy right now LOL!

We didn't have one in our hands but as I recall they are vaccuformed plastic.
    Understood Salir but since you have looked at these before can you tell us what kind of material the hull is made out of?
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

OK TYVM Salir still would be a great boat to run in my pool while im waiting on batteries to charge!

Was there anything else we should know before we jump on these Salir?

I'm going into getting some also. Looks like a cool toy.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

sweet i love that i will be able to buy one here in the U.S.

Steve, if you get a trial run order, I would take one - Dad has a pond that is perfect for minis and these look really cool for their size. I wonder though how long of a run you get with 250 mah batteries? I know some/most of us are thinking helicopter bl motors and lipos... not me though
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Steve, if you get a trial run order, I would take one - Dad has a pond that is perfect for minis and these look really cool for their size. I wonder though how long of a run you get with 250 mah batteries? I know some/most of us are thinking helicopter bl motors and lipos... not me though
    They do have some nice micro BL setups that should work great..

the one problem i noticed 55 is that the current mounting bracket is a over the motor type and its shaped square like the motor

55 if you import them ill def buy one from you still since i had already said that also let me know with some links how you would make this brushless!

You guys crack me up. You will spend more making this little boat brushless than if you bought one slightly larger, already brushless! But there are those that like to tinker and more power to ya!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Yes Sir

But, I bet Sailr has some nice outrunners you guys could use in one of these

IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

the one problem i noticed 55 is that the current mounting bracket is a over the motor type and its shaped square like the motor

55 if you import them ill def buy one from you still since i had already said that also let me know with some links how you would make this brushless!
    the mounting would just be a little more to play with
    I can get the little bigger ones to btw

what bigger ones?

I think they are 16" hulls?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast